Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2009, 01:38 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
Palin was proud to announce that she is an advocate for aerial wolf hunting from a helicopter. Like this is actually hunting ? Chasing a wolf in a helicopter till it drops from exhaustion and then shooting it in the head while it lies there helpless. I am not against hunting but to label this as either hunting or sport is ridiculous !!!
Another typical lesser-48 lie. She made no such announcement, and aerial hunting in Alaska is illegal. You freaks have utterly no clue what you are talking about, manufacture deliberate lies, and you actually expect people to listen to what you have to say? You are the kind of jerk that people point at and laugh, disbelieving that anyone could be so stupid.

Old 03-24-2009, 01:38 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,974,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
Alaska is closer to the way humans have lived for millenium.
True....when they were neanderthals and lived in caves !!!

Old 03-24-2009, 01:39 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,731,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwzuck View Post
Hey- at least the dogs are willing to work for their food. What's wrong is spending biliions of dollars on people that are not willing to help themselves.

Also- if you want a good insight and education on the human/ dog relationship, read Ted Kerasote's book "Merle's Door".
Most pets don't work or do anything except for being alive and usually looking cute. Also, the popular notion that those people who are starving are not willing to help themselves, is nothing but a pretext for ignoring their plight.
But I guess we are quite off-topic here, maybe there is a general thread on pets etc.

Old 03-24-2009, 01:41 PM

67 posts, read 229,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
OK.....no factual proof.....again....we have to talk yours or the owners word that the dogs "love" it. Please get back to me when you can offer something a little more substantial to support your view other than "you say so" !!!
how do you know a dog loves to play fetch? does he tell you? no- he jumps around and wags his tail and barks in excitement... the same thing I see mushing dogs do before a race.... so by saying there is no "proof" that the dogs love it, you are saying there is no "proof" that dogs love to play fetch.

Guess you better throw the tennis balls out- fetch is cruel.

Old 03-24-2009, 01:42 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,109,972 times
It sure looks like these dogs love to pull sleds...

YouTube - 2008 Iditarod Start

Old 03-24-2009, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavaPhil View Post
It's only absurd if you don't consider the point that sled dogs are not housed in a home in front of a fire. Never. They have raised dog kennels with a bed of straw. Have you ever visited a musher's kennel?
The point was that the dogs are domesticated and have come to rely upon their owner to provide for their safety and welfare......if the dogs froze due to the owners poor decisions then he wasn't looking out for their welfare.

Old 03-24-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Another typical lesser-48 lie. She made no such announcement, and aerial hunting in Alaska is illegal. You freaks have utterly no clue what you are talking about, manufacture deliberate lies, and you actually expect people to listen to what you have to say? You are the kind of jerk that people point at and laugh, disbelieving that anyone could be so stupid.
Well....there were SEVERAL interviews on TV during the campaign where she spoke about this and her involvement in this "sport"......over 300 million of us saw it.....and no ....I'm sure it wasn't Tina Fey on Saturday Night Live. I'm surprised you missed it.......perhaps if you had electricity in your cave you might have been able to see it on TV too ?

Old 03-24-2009, 01:51 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,109,972 times
This has nothing to do with Palin...

Old 03-24-2009, 01:52 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,731,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
It sure looks like these dogs love to pull sleds...

YouTube - 2008 Iditarod Start
Looks like they simply like to run (maybe expecting delicious food after the race, maybe because running makes them feel warmer), they would probably run without the sled as well. Like with racing horses, sometimes they just like to run, regardless if there are jockeys on their backs or not.

Why don't those people themselves run against each other, then they would deserve a prize

Old 03-24-2009, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerlane1981 View Post
how do you know a dog loves to play fetch? does he tell you? no- he jumps around and wags his tail and barks in excitement... the same thing I see mushing dogs do before a race.... so by saying there is no "proof" that the dogs love it, you are saying there is no "proof" that dogs love to play fetch.

Guess you better throw the tennis balls out- fetch is cruel.
Your comparing fetching a ball and hauling a sled 1500 miles ??? OK....I'll comment on that......yes....I throw tennis balls for my dog and yes she loves to run and fetch them.....for awhile.....then she gets tired and lays down and pants till she regains her breath......hardly the same as hauling a sled 1500 miles for days at a time......unless they stop every few minutes or so to let the dogs catch their breath ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska