Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2012, 07:35 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,433,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Лютый View Post
My friends, where have you all been gone?
Hi Luty. It's been quiet lately, think folks might have the winter blahs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 12:34 PM

1,981 posts, read 3,846,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
Hi Luty. It's been quiet lately, think folks might have the winter blahs.
I've got the winter blahs, but for a totally opposite reason than you, I believe. You have the blahs because it's cold and snowy, and I have the blahs because it's not. Literally, you know how some people get all depressed because it's winter time and it's cold? I get that way in the summer time, and I also get that way if winter comes and it doesn't actually get cold. I have GOT to get out of the friggin South. Just gotta keep the eyes on the prize (Alaska, that is).

Old 01-24-2012, 12:44 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,319,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShipOfFools42 View Post
I've got the winter blahs, but for a totally opposite reason than you, I believe. You have the blahs because it's cold and snowy, and I have the blahs because it's not. Literally, you know how some people get all depressed because it's winter time and it's cold? I get that way in the summer time, and I also get that way if winter comes and it doesn't actually get cold. I have GOT to get out of the friggin South. Just gotta keep the eyes on the prize (Alaska, that is).
Interesting that you mention that about the blahs because we are not getting a proper winter here in the south. It has been an atrocious January here. The highs have been nearly to 80°. That is outrageous. We usually have a bit of snow and a lot of ice. That may be why I've had the blahs, which I rarely get. It's the weather. It's too dang hot and there is too much sun shine. Yuck!

Old 01-24-2012, 01:49 PM

2,308 posts, read 3,457,855 times
I'm sorry, friends, but what does word "blahs" mean in this case? The translation that I know it means a kind of "nonsense" or "trash".

Old 01-24-2012, 03:06 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry, friends, but what does word "blahs" mean in this case? The translation that I know it means a kind of "nonsense" or "trash".
It means 'down in the dumps' or feeling kinda blue.

Old 01-24-2012, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShipOfFools42 View Post
Oh I wasn't referring to myself, just giving Luty one of the many reasons the board is so quiet. Days are slowly getting longer and the sun is shining today..both things that I love.

Old 01-24-2012, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
It means 'down in the dumps' or feeling kinda blue.
Thanks so much! Got it. Something like a melancholy.

Old 01-24-2012, 03:55 PM

1,753 posts, read 2,903,059 times
Quote:
Thanks so much! Got it. Something like a melancholy.
Yes, exactly.

Old 01-24-2012, 04:04 PM

1,786 posts, read 2,876,376 times
Luty... yes just don't have as much time anymore to post but HI... how is winter where you are?... sunny here and once the ice melted on the sidewalks.. I got a good hike in too... enjoy your evening everyone... hey it's 5:04 pm here in WI...

Old 01-24-2012, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesdreams View Post
Luty... yes just don't have as much time anymore to post but HI... how is winter where you are?... sunny here and once the ice melted on the sidewalks.. I got a good hike in too... enjoy your evening everyone... hey it's 5:04 pm here in WI...
Hi! It's 11:15 AM, January 25th here in Chukotka, Russia. It seems to me we have the more severe winter this year. There is a hard frost every day in my place. Now, for example,-22F and it is considered warm now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska