Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2014, 11:41 PM

2,308 posts, read 3,455,950 times

Advertisements

Ukraine enters a visa regime for Russians. This not popular measure will disconnect thousands of families.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2014, 01:36 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,683,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Лютый View Post
Ukraine enters a visa regime for Russians. This not popular measure will disconnect thousands of families.
I think if the Ukraine wants to be an independent country then they must do this. They must take a stand against Putin and his tryranical rule. Otherwise they will fall. Then what country will Putin and his regime take next?

Old 03-21-2014, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
I think if the Ukraine wants to be an independent country then they must do this. They must take a stand against Putin and his tryranical rule. Otherwise they will fall. Then what country will Putin and his regime take next?
I say, buddy, you do not understand what you talk about. Believe me - I am an eyewitness of the events in Ukraine from November the last year. All simply enough, Russia returned the territory (without a single shot) since the Ukrainian nationalists (real fascists) took the power and declared the prohibition of Russian and began the terror against Russians. And now it's need to remember, who bombed Yugoslavia not a long ago. Was it a legal way of an introduction of democracy according to your view ? So that, if to say about something, then it is necessary to study all sides of the question.

Old 03-22-2014, 12:00 AM

Quote:
I say, buddy, you do not understand what you talk about. Believe me - I am an eyewitness of the events in Ukraine from November the last year. All simply enough, Russia returned the territory (without a single shot) since the Ukrainian nationalists (real fascists) took the power and declared the prohibition of Russian and began the terror against Russians. And now it's need to remember, who bombed Yugoslavia not a long ago. Was it a legal way of an introduction of democracy according to your view ? So that, if to say about something, then it is necessary to study all sides of the question.
We will just have to disagree. If Putin has his way he will try to ressurect the old USSR. Nothing good will come of this.

Old 03-22-2014, 03:15 AM

Quote:
We will just have to disagree. If Putin has his way he will try to ressurect the old USSR. Nothing good will come of this.
I explain. First of all, Russia is the law-receiver of the USSR after its disintegration. Another hand, the announcement and actual terror of Russians, is, at least, the found for the defence of Russian population and return of its territory (Crimea). Remember how the USA protects its citizens all over the World. Why Russia does not have such right. Double standards?
If honestly on a large account there is the expansion on Orthodoxy and Slavic civilization from the side of another confessions in Global scale. The events in Ukraine are its certain displays.

Last edited by Лютый; 03-22-2014 at 04:29 AM..

Old 03-23-2014, 02:13 PM

Quote:
I explain. First of all, Russia is the law-receiver of the USSR after its disintegration. Another hand, the announcement and actual terror of Russians, is, at least, the found for the defence of Russian population and return of its territory (Crimea). Remember how the USA protects its citizens all over the World. Why Russia does not have such right. Double standards?
If honestly on a large account there is the expansion on Orthodoxy and Slavic civilization from the side of another confessions in Global scale. The events in Ukraine are its certain displays.
The USA does not come in and try to take over other countries. We don't invade them and claim them as our own.

Old 03-29-2014, 08:15 PM

What about bombing Yugoslavia and Grenada and so on all over the World?

Old 03-29-2014, 08:29 PM

4,715 posts, read 10,515,104 times
Quote:
The USA does not come in and try to take over other countries. We don't invade them and claim them as our own.
You left off "lately" at the end of your sentence. Or "this Century".... Either would work. I am not complaining about it, as I am enjoying the fruits of those actions.

-
I do agree that Russia has violated international law and should not be allowed to claim the Ukraine as its own.

Old 03-29-2014, 09:34 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,109,972 times
I have a friend from Kazakhstan and we talked about all this mess. He explained to me when the USSR split up, they gave certain parts of Russia away without asking the residents. He said something about most of the people in the Ukraine still love Russia and wish to be a part of it again. It just got me more confused about all the mess.

Old 03-30-2014, 05:12 PM

Dear Dackster and stiffnecked, I explain once again: Russia had to return to itself Crimea (Russia presented Crimea to Ukraine in the days of wellknown Khrushchev, by the way illegally) only for the protecting of the Russians from nazi tyranny. I know, what I talk about. I live here, in Ukraine, and I am the eyewitness of all what be going on here.

Last edited by Лютый; 03-30-2014 at 06:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska