Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2011, 04:28 PM

1,981 posts, read 3,844,856 times

Advertisements

Look guys, you can say whatever you wanna say, obviously, and yes the media pays more attention to pretty young white girls missing than other folks, but please, stop with the Natalee Holloway talk if you don't mind. It's best not to talk about things we don't understand. Natalee's brother Matt is one of my very closest friends, and that whole thing was just plain bad, all the way around. It hurt him and his family, and it hurt those of us who are friends of the family. Just understand that these news stories involve real people. I don't mean to seem over-sensitive, but that is something that hits VERY close to home. 2.4 miles, as a matter of fact.

As for that one that Sity posted about why people from NC hang around here... that story is in Durham. It's pretty much in a different state. I don't consider eastern North Carolina to be related to where I live except that the map just happens to place my town within the same state boundaries as Raleigh-Durham. That area is a cesspool, and it's the Deep South weather too. I actually was just in Raleigh on Sunday, and when I was driving back to the mountains, a sign on a building in Raleigh said it was 98˚F.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2011, 08:38 PM

1,055 posts, read 1,868,064 times
Sounds like fun Bob.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:11 AM

2,200 posts, read 4,360,781 times
Computer is back Gateway Media. Computer Virus.
fix $45.

I use this computer for cable television shows record....

Old 06-23-2011, 03:22 PM

Did you hear about the two hikers got lost on Mout Healy? I got lost once and I slide down a small rock slide to get back on the trail going back down to rail road tracks. Denali. Anyone have any Generator house camping stories?

Last edited by Bob Blockus; 06-23-2011 at 03:31 PM..

Old 06-24-2011, 04:46 AM

1,786 posts, read 2,875,072 times
Good Friday to all... keeping my eyes open for news on the earthquakes there in and near Alaska.. and keeping all in my thoughts on all of Alaska staying safe... after all I hope to call it home one day Good adventures today ....

Old 06-24-2011, 07:55 AM

1,055 posts, read 1,868,064 times
Good Morning everyone! I am quite excited this morning, one more day until I get to see our daughter light_shimmer. We have not seen her in over a year, the first time ever that we have been seperated so long. She has never been to Alaska before either so it is going to be a great experience for her. I can hardly wait to see how and what she reacts to most about this amazing state. Doing the happy, happy, joy, joy dance this morning!

Old 06-24-2011, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesdreams View Post
Good Friday to all... keeping my eyes open for news on the earthquakes there in and near Alaska.. and keeping all in my thoughts on all of Alaska staying safe... after all I hope to call it home one day Good adventures today ....
Going to lunch/dinner today out on this river of ours, Homosassa. They have Monkey Island with real Monkeys and light house in middle of river. You can get to the dinning place by car. At our house you can get to the dinning place by boat too. Location about 5 miles up river. They are well known having Lunch baskets. I am going to get the fried clams hush puppy basket. Going out with mom in her van, auto.

Old 06-24-2011, 08:44 AM

6,994 posts, read 12,728,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freezengirl View Post
Good Morning everyone! I am quite excited this morning, one more day until I get to see our daughter light_shimmer. We have not seen her in over a year, the first time ever that we have been seperated so long. She has never been to Alaska before either so it is going to be a great experience for her. I can hardly wait to see how and what she reacts to most about this amazing state. Doing the happy, happy, joy, joy dance this morning!
earthquake my butt .....that was you jumping up and down with such exuberance 'cuz daughter is coming to Alaska!!! hahaha see you soon too girlfriend

Old 06-24-2011, 12:19 PM

Default Wonderful !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezengirl View Post
I am so happy for you... she will love it and I know you will be in heaven... enjoy

Old 06-24-2011, 12:21 PM

Default sounds great Bob :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Blockus View Post
Going to lunch/dinner today out on this river of ours, Homosassa. They have Monkey Island with real Monkeys and light house in middle of river. You can get to the dinning place by car. At our house you can get to the dinning place by boat too. Location about 5 miles up river. They are well known having Lunch baskets. I am going to get the fried clams hush puppy basket. Going out with mom in her van, auto.
I would love to go by boat... have a great afternoon Bob... Monkeys are so much fun to watch... some monkeys even remind me of a few men I've known from my past LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska