Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2011, 09:31 AM

2,104 posts, read 3,008,476 times

Advertisements

Thanks. I'm still on this forum everyday and hadn't seen him for a couple of months.

I think someone from this forum could easily win the contest. I'm sure all the forums feel that way though. But Alaska is different, imo, the unknown, the natural beauty that keeps a lot us in the lower 48 really wondering-what WOULD it be like to live there.
I know I'm fascinated by the info posted on here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2011, 10:43 AM

6,994 posts, read 12,728,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdurncat13 View Post
Thanks. I'm still on this forum everyday and hadn't seen him for a couple of months.

I think someone from this forum could easily win the contest. I'm sure all the forums feel that way though. But Alaska is different, imo, the unknown, the natural beauty that keeps a lot us in the lower 48 really wondering-what WOULD it be like to live there.
I know I'm fascinated by the info posted on here.
well we have one member who is fabulous in his helping people with their travel plans and driving routes to get to Alaska....I went on to see if I could "nominate" him but nope....did send him a message an sure hope he enters!

Old 11-03-2011, 10:57 AM

216 posts, read 364,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
well we have one member who is fabulous in his helping people with their travel plans and driving routes to get to Alaska....I went on to see if I could "nominate" him but nope....did send him a message an sure hope he enters!
True but the snot did get alot of mileage

Old 11-03-2011, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakester View Post
True but the snot did get alot of mileage
yeah only 'cuz it doesn't freeze and stays slippery! oh wait...does it??? crusty??? ewwwww...anyway!

Old 11-03-2011, 01:15 PM

1,753 posts, read 2,901,981 times
Snot does in fact, freeze.

Old 11-03-2011, 02:21 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,781,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stimestar View Post
Snot does in fact, freeze.
I posted a native tradition and custom of what Natives do when INJURED !

Since then; you have all insulted these natives and their methods by changing the reasons of what I posted;

This is so typical of the "superior' race of Caucasians;- Make fun of other peoples lifestyle / culture and methods.

I hope you all feel so proud of your childish rants & insults !!

Old 11-03-2011, 02:51 PM

20 posts, read 36,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post

I hope you all feel so proud of your childish rants & insults !!
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!! !!

*Gasp*

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!! !!

Sorry, that just struck me as funny. You scolding others for going off on childish rants.

Old 11-03-2011, 03:44 PM

1,981 posts, read 3,844,856 times
^ LOL.

G, I'm dying to go to Chickenstock sometime. Not only because I'm obsessed with bluegrass (which was puzzling when I saw that Lulu Small was in a bluegrass festival but doesn't play bluegrass), but because I have a friend here in my town who has been up to Chicken like five times, and he drives a Nissan Titan with an Alaska front plate that says CHICKEN on it. The first time I saw it, shortly after I moved here, I walked up to ask him (he lives down the valley on my road about a mile) if that plate was talking about the old gold mining camp of Chicken, and he said yes. He went on to tell me about how him and his buddy go up there (to Alaska) every year with a truck and a travel trailer, and he adamantly said that he is NOT one of those guys holding up traffic on the Parks! LOL!

But yeah, looks like a ton of fun.

Old 11-03-2011, 03:52 PM

dang I have a bunch of old photo's of the Chicken restaurant/bar taken in 1982! still had the old pull pump gas pumps, couldn't run the juke box and microwave at the same time or it blew the fuses!!...driving in the sign said.."carry loaded weapon from vehicle to building"...went in and the man behind the bar slid the weapons back to us after placing them on the bar for "turn in" which is what we though you were suppose to do...an said...ya keep them with ya in here....spent many days in Chicken back an forth between a gold mine on 40 Mile River....sure would love to know if Cecil is still alive an kick'n....heard his dogs were killed in a roll over and he got pretty messed up too.

Old 11-03-2011, 04:55 PM

2,308 posts, read 3,455,950 times
Greeting, folks! Today November 4th is the Russian State Holiday - the Day of National Unity! Happy Holiday to me and all Russians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska