U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 05:41 PM

6,992 posts, read 11,061,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephler View Post
Yeah, that was our "plan A", down near Kenai. We ended up here, work reasons. Now though, it truely is something to work for, work to get the hell out of Wassly and down to some real people.
Wow...gosh Nephler...we're gonna be living in Nikiski in the future and it would be great to have you and your family in the area!!! It is beautiful on the Kenai....check it out more!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2009, 01:47 AM

7 posts, read 12,908 times
I'm impressed at the level of hospitality that people of Alaska seem to have... It seems as though you're willing to help out people who are moving to your state. I live in Minnesota, and you wouldn't get any help from people here even if you were starving.

Old 10-05-2009, 01:17 AM

3 posts, read 5,398 times
I could never live anywhere but Alaska.
You guys talk about all the crime, murder, rape, sex offenders...
I don't see any crime where I live.
I have been to other states.. and I must say, the people here in Alaska are so friendly. I walk through Freds and their is no way I could ever go there and not have people I do not even know say hello, or start a conversation.
Alaska is laid back, the people here are great.
I just do not understand what you are talking about when you mention all types of crime, murder, robbery, rape... I totally enjoy living here and we do not ever lock our doors, nor have we ever. We have never had a problem.

Old 10-05-2009, 07:13 AM

5,963 posts, read 11,132,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanmom101 View Post
I could never live anywhere but Alaska.
You guys talk about all the crime, murder, rape, sex offenders...
I don't see any crime where I live.
I have been to other states.. and I must say, the people here in Alaska are so friendly. I walk through Freds and their is no way I could ever go there and not have people I do not even know say hello, or start a conversation.
Alaska is laid back, the people here are great.
I just do not understand what you are talking about when you mention all types of crime, murder, robbery, rape... I totally enjoy living here and we do not ever lock our doors, nor have we ever. We have never had a problem.

Very nice post! What part of AK. are you in?

Old 01-18-2010, 11:08 PM

3 posts, read 5,334 times
Anchorage is not a safe place. I have lived all over the state and the Southeast. Since moving to Anchorage in 1996 I have seen the town spiral down. People fled to Eagle River or the Valley. Just look at the traffic leaving town after 5pm

Old 01-19-2010, 01:02 PM

11,837 posts, read 26,143,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gan1953 View Post
Anchorage is not a safe place. I have lived all over the state and the Southeast. Since moving to Anchorage in 1996 I have seen the town spiral down. People fled to Eagle River or the Valley. Just look at the traffic leaving town after 5pm
Housing is also less expensive in the valley. That could be a reason too.

Old 05-13-2010, 03:14 PM

3 posts, read 4,327 times
I have a strong desire to move to Alaska, perhaps Kenai, Anchorage, Fairbanks or elsewhere.

I am of minority descent and have school-age children to consider in the equation.

Which city(s) in Alaska are the most un-biased to live in for minorities? Jobwise, housing and less crime as well.

Old 05-13-2010, 04:22 PM

3,380 posts, read 8,242,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNBEE4 View Post
I have a strong desire to move to Alaska, perhaps Kenai, Anchorage, Fairbanks or elsewhere.

I am of minority descent and have school-age children to consider in the equation.

Which city(s) in Alaska are the most un-biased to live in for minorities? Jobwise, housing and less crime as well.

Anchorage

Old 10-20-2010, 08:25 PM

34 posts, read 46,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
well I don't know how old you are but....life is too short no matter what age you are take the plunge. We are mid 50's hubby job is ending after 28 years...we have investments and savings but not rich. We are do'n our dream of moving to Alaska. We have always "pot job" to get by. the biggest issue will be health care insurance cost. without a job in hand and I know we will make it, we also have no matter what and life has not been easy!!! You'll will not get any younger!!
AMEN BLUE !!

Old 11-16-2010, 01:31 AM

1 posts, read 1,123 times
I'm considering moving up AK to work in education. Any thoughts on working in this sector? I work in special ed and regularly see positions posted.

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska