Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 11:48 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,829,023 times

Advertisements

I merged the 10 or so off topic posts into one. Try to stay on topic peoples!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 12:45 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,885,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
The ADN is a leftist rag owned by a California company. Anchorage has quite a lot of liberals, and bunny and tree huggers as well.

That is pretty much "correct-a-mundo" and right-on. You can't take whatever is stated in the ADN as neccessarily representing what Alaskans in general think.

Bud

Old 03-31-2009, 01:04 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
That is pretty much "correct-a-mundo" and right-on. You can't take whatever is stated in the ADN as neccessarily representing what Alaskans in general think.

Bud
The same is true of this forum.

Old 04-01-2009, 04:25 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,022,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
He cyberstalked her and outed her real identity.

Only scum does that; we're all entitled to whatever degree of anonymity online we desire due to all the nutcases out there.
BTW, I guess I never thought of it before, but isn't Mike Doogan a Democrat? Seems he ought to be sending contributions, not stalking her.

Old 04-02-2009, 12:04 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
BTW, I guess I never thought of it before, but isn't Mike Doogan a Democrat? Seems he ought to be sending contributions, not stalking her.
He's probably a Republican plant.

Or just garden variety scum; I doubt it's specific to either party.

Old 04-02-2009, 05:35 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Doogan is indeed a flaming liberal. He was a columnist for 14 years with the Anchorage Daily News and now he is a Democrat State House Representative.

Quote:
To: akmuckraker@yahoo.com
Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2009 2:55:14 PM
Subject: your identity

Jeanne:

I am reliably told that you are the anonymous blogger who writes Mudflats. I am planning to reveal this in the enews I send to my constituents tomorrow, and am writing to let you know this and offer the opportunity to comment.

Mike Doogan
The above e-mail does not look like stalking to me. Apparently it is another one of those baseless accusations liberal freaks are so fond of making, just ask Ted Stevens.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:38 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,022,145 times
Looks like Wayne just got the big thumbs down from the Legislature. No doubt it has a lot has to do with him stepping into the middle of the fight over the vacant Senate seat. Juneau has just become one giant circus.

Lawmakers reject Ross as AG in historic vote: Politics | adn.com

Old 04-17-2009, 01:42 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Looks like Wayne just got the big thumbs down from the Legislature. No doubt it has a lot has to do with him stepping into the middle of the fight over the vacant Senate seat. Juneau has just become one giant circus.

Lawmakers reject Ross as AG in historic vote: Politics | adn.com
I agree, it has become a circus. What I find amazing is that the legislature would honor Ross with an award just last year, and now won't confirm his appointment. What a bunch of hypocrites.

My Senator (Charlie Huggins) supported the appointment. I think he would have made a good AG. What we do not need is another crooked AG like Gregg Renkes under Murkowski, or an AG who is afraid to stand up to the feds when they violate our State Constitution, like Bruce Botelho under Knowles. Ross was neither, and that is why I thought it was a good choice.

Old 04-17-2009, 04:10 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,261 times
W.A.R. was found unqualified to be a judge, twice, by Alaskan lawyers. How does that factor into his being a AG?
Juneau delegates split on nominee - Juneau Empire

Quote:
French, chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, said that twice when the state's lawyers were polled they found Ross to be unqualified for appointment as a judge.
Quote:
French said for Ross to make a legal judgment requested by Palin before studying the issue "removes any doubt about whether Mr. Ross will be standing up to the governor."

Old 04-17-2009, 04:34 PM

3,539 posts, read 7,653,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
W.A.R. was found unqualified to be a judge, twice, by Alaskan lawyers. How does that factor into his being a AG?
Juneau delegates split on nominee - Juneau Empire
Ross has backed just about every hair-brained right wing scheme that has ever been mentioned. The guy's a wacko.

However, what is really telling is that Palin actually wanted to appoint him! The gal has said and done a few odd things, but that one is so far out of field that she just about has no credibility left at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska