Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 09:23 PM

1,435 posts, read 2,777,423 times

Advertisements

Starlite9, you need to quote some references to back up your opinions. Otherwise it is just hearsay.
I don't know if you are wrong, just that Floyd does back up his with some research which is the way to do...

Old 05-27-2009, 09:30 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,560,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd_Davidson View Post
Neither you nor I were here in the decade or so following 1867, so yes the only way we can know what happened is to read what others have written about it. That is indeed what I've done. You insist your imagination is superior.

"The cost to the United States had been a culture."
-- Hector Chevigny

You would do well to get an education.
No, I wasn't here nor would I pretend to be.

But your inability to respond to your original statement is still in question since you appear not to remember what is was, let me help you out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd_Davidson
Incidentally, there are probably no descendants in Alaska today of any Russians who were here prior to 1867.
My response was, "Yes there were"

Now you post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd_Davidson
Starlite9 is leading you into a fantascy, not history. This discussion has been about whether existing Russian heritage in Alaska came from the Russian American period, 1742-1867, or not.
Which is clearly not what the debate was about... But since you clearly realized you stepped in it, you have now attempted to change it's course to make it look as if you have some higher ground.... you clearly are still in the septic system of the debate...

Old 05-27-2009, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPF View Post
Starlite9, you need to quote some references to back up your opinions. Otherwise it is just hearsay.
I don't know if you are wrong, just that Floyd does back up his with some research which is the way to do...
No, don't have to, most people that live in Alaska know what the history of the State is and where it came from....

Although I did post a link and it is in the threads still if you wish to read it.

Floyd is simply not staying true to his statements when he realized he was wrong.

You can Google "Russian History in Alaska" and pretty much come to the same source of information that I have stated, I just don't copy and paste like some do in an attempt to make it look as if they wrote it.

But to help out, here is a timeline of Alaska's Russian History and where they built settlements and they still remain today with those descendants still living there.

http://sled.alaska.edu/akfaq/akchron.html (broken link)

Floyd only posts the excerpts that make his views look credible, you need to post the entire story.

Last edited by starlite9; 05-27-2009 at 09:43 PM..

Old 05-27-2009, 09:46 PM

3,539 posts, read 7,648,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
Your first claim was there was no Russians here after the U.S. bought Alaska, for which i took you to task.
I've said all along there were only a few. And I've cited perhaps half a dozen valid sources for that information too! It is a well known fact.

Your task is to get an education and cease making up imaginary claims (both about what I've said and about what history is).
Quote:
Now you have morphed to there is no Russian herritage left from that period, you are indeed a very poor supplier of facts and information, much less honest.
Your imagination again runs overtime.

I didn't just now morph anything. I started with the statement that there is little Russian heritage in Alaska from the pre 1867 Russian American period. That is a well known fact, for which I have provided you with numerous authoritative, credible, and uncontroverted sources.
Quote:
You are wrong on both accounts.
Again, you need to get an education. Try finding a decent library, and learn the read.

(But then again, this little exchange is beneficial for another reason. Everyone here banters back and forth about a number of matters of opinion where it is not nearly as easy as it is with this issue to show clearly what the truth is. In those instances your imagination sometimes sounds just peachy to some people, and they believe you. This item make it very clear just how faulty your imagination is because the evidence is so well documented and so clear, yet you deny it. In the future, when you spout more nonsense, at least now everyone has something to go on as a way of judging whether it is likely that you are correct. Clearly you are vastly clueless.)

Old 05-27-2009, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd_Davidson View Post
I've said all along there were only a few. And I've cited perhaps half a dozen valid sources for that information too! It is a well known fact.

Your task is to get an education and cease making up imaginary claims (both about what I've said and about what history is).Your imagination again runs overtime.

I didn't just now morph anything. I started with the statement that there is little Russian heritage in Alaska from the pre 1867 Russian American period. That is a well known fact, for which I have provided you with numerous authoritative, credible, and uncontroverted sources.

Again, you need to get an education. Try finding a decent library, and learn the read.

(But then again, this little exchange is beneficial for another reason. Everyone here banters back and forth about a number of matters of opinion where it is not nearly as easy as it is with this issue to show clearly what the truth is. In those instances your imagination sometimes sounds just peachy to some people, and they believe you. This item make it very clear just how faulty your imagination is because the evidence is so well documented and so clear, yet you deny it. In the future, when you spout more nonsense, at least now everyone has something to go on as a way of judging whether it is likely that you are correct. Clearly you are vastly clueless.)

Have you ever been to Fort Yukon on the Yukon River.... It was established by the Russians in 1847 and has been there since with Russian named descendants still there today, as is Sitka and other places in Alaska despite your warped claims (sorry Warp).

The Russians were in Alaska well over 120 some odd years before they officially left after selling the place to the U.S. Your claim there were only a few hundred Russians at any one time is so far off the mark, there were families, and they stayed in interior Alaska for generations in spite of a transfer in Governments later on.

Hopefully you will come to your senses and just go and read up on Alaska History other than one or two books written by someone with an agenda of whatever that is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska