Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 06:10 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,106,585 times

Advertisements

Tree Form Amish Furniture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2009, 06:27 PM

823 posts, read 1,731,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
akvarmit is going to be going shopping for new curtains, rugs and "stuff" for the new home. We ran around a little bit a couple of months ago looking for a cabin/rustic home decoration store in the Valley and Anchorage but didn't find one that had what we were looking for. We would like to find a store that carries items like this store: Cabin Decor, Rustic Bedding, Cabin Accessories and Rustic Lighting at Black Forest Decor

Does anyone know of a business in the Valley/Anchorage area that carries these types of items. I guess if there was a store in the Kenai that carried a large selection and was worth the trip we head down that way as well.

I have a feeling this is going to be a short thread. I just can't believe with the Alaska-Cabin-Outdoor expierience that someone somewhere doesn't carry this type of merchandise..
Just talk to Cori I think she has about 300 catalogs that have stuff like this in it. Must be at least that many, though by this point in your Alaska experience you should be making your own furniture with a chainsaw and buck knife....

Old 04-25-2009, 06:36 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,106,585 times
AK Wildwood Log Furniture Located in the central interior of Alaska, we offer locally harvested wood products including but not limited to - chairs, tables, beds, lamps, coat hangers, and deck and stair railings. Drawing from the awesome beauty and natural design of the Tanana Valley, our pieces reflect the lines of nature. Special order/custom items available upon request - please send us an e-mail with your ideas.
URL: wildwood furniture log home decor at akwildwoodlogfurniture.com
Email: wildwood@aptalaska.net
Name: Sue Brown, Clayton Martiniuk
Phone: 907-883 5866
Address: M.P. 1318.5 Alaska highway. Box 21
City: Tok
St: AK
Zip: 99780
Type: Log Furniture

Busy Beaver Log Furniture We build custom and unique log furniture using Alaska\'s Beetle Kill Spruce. We build each piece of log furniture one log at a time. We are a small family owned and operated business serving your log furniture needs.
URL: Home
Email: busybeaverlogfurniture@hotmail.com
Phone: 907-262-BEVR(2387)
Address: P.O. Box 362
City: Kasilof
ST: Alaska
ZIP: 99610

RK Furniture sells unfinished furniture and finished furniture, all made from quality woods. Furnish your home from a selection of quality wood furniture including chairs, rockers, desks, book cases, tables, computer furniture, cabinets, bedroom furniture, dining room furniture, storage units, and accessories.
URL: http://www.rkfurnishings.com/
Email: info@rkfurnishings.com
Phone: 907-276-4232
Fax: 907-276-5534
Address: 3116 Mountain View Drive
City: Anchorage
ST: AK
Zip: 99501
Type: Rustic Furniture

Stone Age Alaska We collect attractive Alaskan rocks and vegetation then craft beautiful Alaskan rustic lamps. Our handmade shades are crafted from natural organic materials such as Alaskan birch paper, Gulf of Alaska seaweed, and from many indigenous plants. Each rock base is identified by an Alaskan geologist for its rock type, the mountain range it came from, and the approximate age. All our large lamps come with stone finials and stone chain pulls.
URL: stone age alaska airline vacation at stoneagealaska.com
Email: stones@stoneagealaska.com
Phone: 907-250-3726
First: Jim and Micki
Last: Halloran
Address: 6725 blackberry St.
Zip: 99502
Type: Lighting

Wood Goods of Alaska Very sturdy, quality furniture hand made with Alaskan wood. Furnish your home with solid Alaskan wood furniture. Selling beds, benches, desks, chairs.
URL: Log Furniture Alaskan
Email: bill62@woodgoodsofalaska.com
Phone: 907-252-9663
First: Bill
Last: Cook
Address: PO Box 3603
City: Soldotna
Zip: 99669

Old 04-25-2009, 07:27 PM

7,492 posts, read 5,744,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grill God View Post
Just talk to Cori I think she has about 300 catalogs that have stuff like this in it. Must be at least that many, though by this point in your Alaska experience you should be making your own furniture with a chainsaw and buck knife....
Buddy, I would love to do that and probably will make some "stuff".. I have the draw knives and such.. All I need is a tenon cutter and I am all set..

Old 04-25-2009, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
AK Wildwood Log Furniture Located in the central interior of Alaska, we offer locally harvested wood products including but not limited to - chairs, tables, beds, lamps, coat hangers, and deck and stair railings. Drawing from the awesome beauty and natural design of the Tanana Valley, our pieces reflect the lines of nature. Special order/custom items available upon request - please send us an e-mail with your ideas.
URL: wildwood furniture log home decor at akwildwoodlogfurniture.com
Email: wildwood@aptalaska.net
Name: Sue Brown, Clayton Martiniuk
Phone: 907-883 5866
Address: M.P. 1318.5 Alaska highway. Box 21
City: Tok
St: AK
Zip: 99780

Busy Beaver Log Furniture We build custom and unique log furniture using Alaska\'s Beetle Kill Spruce. We build each piece of log furniture one log at a time. We are a small family owned and operated business serving your log furniture needs.
URL: Home
Email: busybeaverlogfurniture@hotmail.com
Phone: 907-262-BEVR(2387)
Address: P.O. Box 362
City: Kasilof
ST: Alaska
ZIP: 99610

RK Furniture sells unfinished furniture and finished furniture, all made from quality woods. Furnish your home from a selection of quality wood furniture including chairs, rockers, desks, book cases, tables, computer furniture, cabinets, bedroom furniture, dining room furniture, storage units, and accessories.
URL: http://www.rkfurnishings.com/
Email: info@rkfurnishings.com
Phone: 907-276-4232
Fax: 907-276-5534
Address: 3116 Mountain View Drive
Zip: 99501
Type: Rustic Furniture

Stone Age Alaska We collect attractive Alaskan rocks and vegetation then craft beautiful Alaskan rustic lamps. Our handmade shades are crafted from natural organic materials such as Alaskan birch paper, Gulf of Alaska seaweed, and from many indigenous plants. Each rock base is identified by an Alaskan geologist for its rock type, the mountain range it came from, and the approximate age. All our large lamps come with stone finials and stone chain pulls.
URL: stone age alaska airline vacation at stoneagealaska.com
Email: stones@stoneagealaska.com
Phone: 907-250-3726
First: Jim and Micki
Last: Halloran
Address: 6725 blackberry St.
Zip: 99502
Type: Lighting

Wood Goods of Alaska Very sturdy, quality furniture hand made with Alaskan wood. Furnish your home with solid Alaskan wood furniture. Selling beds, benches, desks, chairs.
URL: Log Furniture Alaskan
Email: bill62@woodgoodsofalaska.com
Phone: 907-252-9663
First: Bill
Last: Cook
Address: PO Box 3603
City: Soldotna
Zip: 99669
Warpt,

I was the Director of IT for a company for 10 years and I didn't come up with anything like this on Google.. Your an Alaskan legend BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA

No I got it hunter/gatherer...

Old 04-25-2009, 07:32 PM

If you get the tenon cutters, I'll get the Forsner bits and we'll be in business.

Old 04-25-2009, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grill God View Post
If you get the tenon cutters, I'll get the Forsner bits and we'll be in business.
Sounds good to me.. If we can get enough things going we won't have time to spend with the wives which will give them more time to focus on the important things the should be doing such as housework, shoveling snow, taking out the garbage, changing the oil in the truck.. Your a genius

Old 04-25-2009, 07:43 PM

..........cleaning the gutters, washing windows, mowing the yard......I think we've hit on something here....

Old 04-25-2009, 07:48 PM

179 posts, read 594,612 times
Tenon cutters are spendy... I looked into it for making a Diamond Willow coatrack.

At least one of those places was out of business back in November. RK furniture on Mountainview was AWOL.

Old 04-25-2009, 07:49 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,727,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Sounds good to me.. If we can get enough things going we won't have time to spend with the wives which will give them more time to focus on the important things the should be doing such as housework, shoveling snow, taking out the garbage, changing the oil in the truck.. Your a genius
"KICK" to both of you....Crossfire and GG!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska