Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 10:18 PM

244 posts, read 485,846 times

Advertisements

Wife and I have been dreaming of living in Alaska for over 20 years now and with her company closing the office near to us and knowing the wife wouldnt do the hour and half commute each way every day they told her she could work from home no matter where that home was even alaska was fine as long as some could vacation with us LOL.
I am self employeed contractor and we needed a large cash infusion to make the move and wow there it is! We are all set and ready to start looking at houses with reservations for next week.
Now the trouble.... About 2 weeks ago wife is having pains. Through the HMO we go to the GP who has her getting xrays blood tests and cat scans that show a a large growth in her uterus but its not anything that looks like cancer so relax and go to the ob-gyn.
OB-gyn takes a week to get into(today) and she says wow her female parts are all messed up surgery (hystercotomy is needed) but there is this one funny growth that requires an Oncologist to see before we can schedule surgery although she too doubts its the "C" word just being cautious.
Finally to the question.... Is the Lord trying to tell us not to make the move even after smoothing all the paths before now? Surgery if needed will not be till after the trip (if we go) and if its the C then we cant as we were completly dependant on her salary to start us there. BTW her salary was more then adequate to support us both. If it turns out to be benign then moving is a lot os stress on her at this time but staying will be hard too as insurance etc. will be costly to restart up for my company. UGGGG!
thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2009, 11:02 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,805,141 times
Starving people still starve, it doesnt matter who they pray to. These things happen to everyone, regardless of beliefs.

Old 05-04-2009, 11:19 PM

1,629 posts, read 5,381,173 times
Make your decision based solely on what will help your wife. Forget religion, I'm sorry but this is a serious issue.

Old 05-04-2009, 11:31 PM

244 posts, read 485,846 times
Quote:
Make your decision based solely on what will help your wife. Forget religion, I'm sorry but this is a serious issue.
Im sorry but this is why i asked for religious people. Of course there is no doubt i will make whatever choice is best for my wifes health. The question was more of a spiritual matter. Do you think God is throwing up a big NO when all the other signs have been yes. If you are wondering i dont think God would ever direct me to hurt my wife after having me swear to love honor and cherish her! This may be tough to follow but loving God doesnt mean you stop thinking!

Old 05-04-2009, 11:33 PM

3,774 posts, read 11,224,415 times
Have to agree with Jonotastic. I know the urge and the planning have taken a life of their own, but until this is resolved, the move has to be the last thing on your mind. There are perfectly competent doctors in Anchorage, but as far as oncology goes, I don't know the level of care available. Sorry, socal. My opinion only.

Old 05-04-2009, 11:35 PM

3,774 posts, read 11,224,415 times
Sorry, crossposted as you did. God is not testing your resolve. He isn't saying to stay or go. He might only be telling you to wait and see.

Old 05-04-2009, 11:39 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,016,720 times
Just my opinion FWIW (which isn't much), and I'm not really all that religious, but the way I would look at it is the Lord, the Universe, however you look at, it is trying to tell you that life is too short. You should stop all the second guessing and follow your heart because none of us knows how much time we really have.

Old 05-04-2009, 11:43 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
health comes 1st. too many people crash and burn doing
"my chosen profession" and "its always been my dream"
dreams are something i do at night after i got reality all squared away

Old 05-04-2009, 11:49 PM

2,519 posts, read 7,029,951 times
I don't consider myself "religious" but you might. I'm a bible school grad, taught in Christian Schools for 8 years and have attended church my whole life and definitely am a Christian.

However, I don't think this is a religious question. God gave you a brain for a reason. Use it. You can come to Alaska later. You might want to delay a little longer to see what's up.

Old 05-04-2009, 11:49 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,109,972 times

YouTube - When God Made Me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska