Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 03:31 PM

88 posts, read 207,359 times

Advertisements

Come to think of it, our 3 yo Aussie, "Gonzo" was named by the same "crazy" 23 yo daughter! However, that one, I like!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 06:14 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,856,623 times
Let's see,.....hummmmmm, my first German S. Dog was named "Dawg" but most of the time responded quite well to "D", My second, he is now about 8yrs is named Dreifus, his Daughter, named Jorja (Georgia phonetically), Of course we also have two cats, a black thing, slightly demented, hides from people, her name is Beatrice. The other cat is afraid of nothing, will actively attack the Shepherds, quite energetic, is named mudflap. He was a rescue kitten, so named because that was to have been his destiny had I not taken him home with me. At a very early age, he had started wandering out into the streets of near downtown Durham, where I was working in a half-way house for drunks and addicts, at the time.

Old 05-08-2009, 09:09 PM

1,007 posts, read 2,216,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by browncoatflan View Post
Our cats are Giraffe and Mister Ceasar. the fantail goldfish is Pancake (named by my son when he was 4).

Shan
I love that ...Pancake...too cute

Old 05-08-2009, 09:43 PM

1,435 posts, read 2,778,242 times
I have black thing too. Shy and scittish, she runs away any time you move or look towards her, but will come to be petted on her own desire... Babe is the name
The younger white cat is George. As in Curious George the monkey- he was so curious when little.
And the first cat we took from outside was Kiciu ("keychoo" as it is from Polish language, sort of a word for a little cat- sounds like achoo ). And the lab dog girl from the pound was Peppy...

Old 05-11-2009, 09:54 AM

Update on Update! Ice has been home 5 days & I am totally amazed at her progress. Her surgery site is totally healed. Only thing bugging her now is the hair where they shaved her. It's itching!
She already has access to the entire house. She whines when she has to go outside, and has already learned "come." Might not seem like much, but when we first met her, she would try to get as far away from people as possible. Whenever she sees me pick up the leash, she now walks TOWARD me instead of shying away! She even seems to know her name. I'm totally amazed at how calm she is. Except of course, when she's trying to intice Gonzo to play. ((They get along fine!)) I believe it was a male that did something awful to them, for she was a bit more afraid of my husband at first. However, since he's gone slow, she now goes up to him when called. I plan on taking her outside to meet the neighborhood kids & eventually other dogs. She's SO mellow! So I a possible therapy dog canditate. Gonzo is going to do agility & sledding!
Ok, I'll be quiet now!

Old 05-12-2009, 02:15 PM

1,272 posts, read 2,372,297 times
Congrats on your fur-baby coming home.
I'm amazed she's coming to you after 5 days.
LOL my crazy dog still won't come on command only unless
she wants to and this is after 13 years

Old 01-15-2010, 12:12 PM

124 posts, read 276,611 times
If/When we move up to the Mat-Su valley (probably in mid to late February) we will be bringing Morgan the wonder dog. Do you think I can teach a bassett hound to Mush?

mind-muffins: Morgan Dog Comes Home

Old 01-15-2010, 12:20 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,731,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malagagirl View Post
If/When we move up to the Mat-Su valley (probably in mid to late February) we will be bringing Morgan the wonder dog. Do you think I can teach a bassett hound to Mush?

mind-muffins: Morgan Dog Comes Home
naaahhh he'll trip on his ears or they will ice up from dragging!! best keep him riding on the sled!!

Old 01-15-2010, 12:31 PM

6,424 posts, read 13,242,370 times
That would be a sight to see, a Bassett mushing.

Old 01-15-2010, 02:22 PM

Interesting mental picture!
Just as an update...my pup Ice is STILL scared of people & new situations!
Not sure why, or what happened to her in the 5 or so months before we got her, but I'm still working with her....& will continue to do so. {{Sigh}}
So much for a bear / moose deterrent, eh? I have one that'll teu to round it up & bring it TO me, & the other will run OVER me in her attempt to run away!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska