Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 08:22 PM

202 posts, read 821,007 times

Advertisements

I predict very little controversy with Parnell. He's low key, has been around a long time, served in the Legislature and knows most everybody. He'll blend in so well we may forget who the Governor is.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:20 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,842,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snkalaska View Post
I predict very little controversy with Parnell. He's low key, has been around a long time, served in the Legislature and knows most everybody. He'll blend in so well we may forget who the Governor is.
Or do you mean we will forget who the governor was...

Old 07-07-2009, 09:28 PM

218 posts, read 518,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
Yes, I believe we all know the "complexities" of politics....it is very, very apparent with every branch of our Government.
It is indeed so complex that 90% of the new administration can't figure out how to pay their taxes. And I wonder why their inability to pay them correctly ALWAYS ends up favoring their bank accounts, a real statistical anomaly.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quakinator View Post
It is indeed so complex that 90% of the new administration can't figure out how to pay their taxes. And I wonder why their inability to pay them correctly ALWAYS ends up favoring their bank accounts, a real statistical anomaly.
Are you speaking of Alaska, or in general elsewhere?

Old 07-07-2009, 09:37 PM

218 posts, read 518,280 times
Quote:
For example, notrees loves to start bashing threads on her while the Governor of his State has bankrupted the State of California.
Just a quick fact check here. The state has been heading this way for a long time, the only thing keeping it afloat was an inflated economy (see tech bubble and housing bubble). The policies that bankrupt it have been slowly added year after year never accounting for the day when the house of cards would come tumbling down.

The California Senate has been controlled by liberals for the past 39 years. The state Assembly has been controlled by liberals for 38 of the last 39 years (1995-1996 was conservatives controlling it). The Governorship has gone back and forth for the past 40 years. Governors don't bankrupt states, local leaders do, just like it's not President Obama that is bankrupting the US, it's Harry, Nancy, Barney, Chris, and all those others that would put the tax rate at 70% if it meant putting their agenda through.

Old 07-07-2009, 10:16 PM

1,629 posts, read 5,381,173 times
Quote:
If I supported Palin, trust me I would not have a problem in saying so. Again, I thought I explained it in previous post and other posts...WHY is one attacked and others who are just as dimboish or himboish are not. For example, notrees loves to start bashing threads on her while the Governor of his State has bankrupted the State of California. As far as examples of folks going bonkers when the current administration is criticized, all you have to do is read the posts and the name-calling that goes with it. Take a look at any of the posts about Palin.
Notrees could make the same argument saying your opinion doesn't matter because the past president who you supported bankrupted the COUNTRY! People on the right seem to have forgot that the stimulus bills started with Bush, they forgot our surplus was depleted during the Bush Adminstration, they forgot Bush spent billions/trillions on Iraq...spending is only reckless if it's not for war it seems. I agree with Quak to an extent though...you can't put all the blame on the president nor a governor...there is some blame because they are supposed to lead, which is why being able to deliver a speech well is an important skill to have.

Old 07-07-2009, 10:42 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,079,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonotastic View Post
Notrees could make the same argument saying your opinion doesn't matter because the past president who you supported bankrupted the COUNTRY! People on the right seem to have forgot that the stimulus bills started with Bush, they forgot our surplus was depleted during the Bush Adminstration, they forgot Bush spent billions/trillions on Iraq...spending is only reckless if it's not for war it seems. I agree with Quak to an extent though...you can't put all the blame on the president nor a governor...there is some blame because they are supposed to lead, which is why being able to deliver a speech well is an important skill to have.
you should run for office....

Old 07-07-2009, 10:48 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snkalaska View Post
I think that this is the most accurate post in this thread about Mr. Parnell. And even though I don't completely agree with his politics, I think it will be a welcome relief to all Alaskans to have someone in our highest office who doesn't constantly court drama and engage in petty infighting.

After all of this dies down, I intend on contacting Parnell myself as I know how he feels about those who commit sex crimes against minors, and is all for much stricter penalties for them. I will be encouraging him to work on legislation that particularly addresses the issue of sex offenders moving here from other states.

Old 07-07-2009, 11:01 PM

244 posts, read 485,846 times
Quote:
Here is the basics of our Govt. The president or Govenor recomend a budget. The congress ethier state or federal change radify manipulate until they all agree on it. The president/govenors option is to sign or veto that budget. That is it!
Did Bush spend to much? Without any doubt at all! Does that make Obama spending 4 times as much in his first 3 months right? Heck NO! His stimulus package is already more then all the war spending in Iraq and it is doing so well a lot Dems want a second stimulus. We have out of conrol spending that by the CBO"s estimates is unsustainable but our media has everyone arguing about michael jackson and wether palin will run for president.
We are being seriously mislead and manipulated into a suicidal position as a country here and people argue about things that really dont matter at all!

Old 07-07-2009, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I think that this is the most accurate post in this thread about Mr. Parnell. And even though I don't completely agree with his politics, I think it will be a welcome relief to all Alaskans to have someone in our highest office who doesn't constantly court drama and engage in petty infighting.

After all of this dies down, I intend on contacting Parnell myself as I know how he feels about those who commit sex crimes against minors, and is all for much stricter penalties for them. I will be encouraging him to work on legislation that particularly addresses the issue of sex offenders moving here from other states.
You and me both, as Alaska seems to be the hiding ground of a lot of misdeeds..., and sucking in others to further their cause... but when it comes down to the deed and applying for the PFD.. I do believe they will be busted...but if Alaska does not have a distance law (as why this perp was allowed to relocate) I think we need one, as too many flee here to hide..., and is not good for our kids or grandkids..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
View detailed profiles of: