U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2009, 02:05 PM

1,255 posts, read 1,916,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Your health care should be your business. You should provide it for yourself. It's not the responsibility of government to take care of you.
In that case, next time you step into your car, please stay off the highways and drive on your own private road which no doubt you have provided for yourself. It's not the responsibility of government to take care of your driving needs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2009, 02:06 PM

9,086 posts, read 13,532,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
In that case, next time you step into your car, please stay off the highways and drive on your own private road which no doubt you have provided for yourself. It's not the responsibility of government to take care of your driving needs.
LOL.On a roll!!

Old 08-21-2009, 04:32 PM

7,307 posts, read 12,450,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
That's probably the most idiotic reply you've written all day. Interstate commerce which would include the provisions for road are provided for under Article I, Clause 3 of the US Constitution. A person that uses these roads for personal travel pays a tax to do so each and every time they buy fuel for their vehicles.

Please direct me to where your personal health care is guaranteed under the US Constitution or in the Bill of Rights.

Old 08-21-2009, 05:17 PM

2,048 posts, read 3,234,219 times
It is so easy to be a republican....its a low IQ thing

All they do is park what little brain they have at the door and repeat the bat-chit crazy crappolla they hear from the GOP leadership.

Old 08-21-2009, 05:31 PM

21,363 posts, read 33,467,484 times
Believes in America, not the US Government...

Old 08-21-2009, 05:46 PM
JL

7,382 posts, read 12,134,382 times
I think Sarah could get more money selling her used panties than the junk she had at her garage sale.

Old 08-21-2009, 05:49 PM

8,685 posts, read 14,702,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
I think Sarah could get more money selling her used panties than the junk she had at her garage sale.
ROFL...I think you are right...Watch out Ebay...

Old 08-21-2009, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
That's probably the most idiotic reply you've written all day. Interstate commerce which would include the provisions for road are provided for under Article I, Clause 3 of the US Constitution. A person that uses these roads for personal travel pays a tax to do so each and every time they buy fuel for their vehicles.
Remember those pesky things called "premiums"? Remember the hidden tax you pay through your employer for your health care which you don't directly see? Same thing.

Quote:
Please direct me to where your personal health care is guaranteed under the US Constitution or in the Bill of Rights.
Please direct me where Medicare is guaranteed in the US Constitution, please direct me where Social Security is guaranteed in the US Cnstitution, please direct me where...you get the idea. Conversely, was slavery guaranteed in the US Constitution? Was women's suffrage guaranteed in the US Constitution? It would help if you thought a little before putting digit to keyboard.

One more thing - the Constitution is NOT a static document for all eternity. The Founders were smart enough to recognize that. Alas, some today aren't so smart.

Last edited by notreesininceland; 08-21-2009 at 06:34 PM..

Old 08-21-2009, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
Believes in America, not the US Government...
That's like saying I believe the sun exists, but not sunshine. You can't have one without the other (well, you can - but I hope you get the point).

Old 08-21-2009, 06:47 PM

6,423 posts, read 11,500,359 times
I've been looking for some stats that my wife told me about regarding NHS (British National Health System) versus America's health care. I do remember that we, in the US, are much sicker, much more over weight, more this, more that, then in the UK.

I just need to ask her where it was. It really was a great comparison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska