U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 07:36 PM

5,963 posts, read 10,947,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
Count down to thread closure

lol....
Well it has veered off topic, name calling, etc etc etc.....but hey, what the hell else is new?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 08:07 PM

288 posts, read 300,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
Yes, let's get something straight. I am under the impression threads are closed due to name calling, inflammatory, etc. I don't know about people on here reporting threads, but I do believe it is the tone the thread/s take on and some get very heated with name calling, off topic, etc.!

I never posted "you" were jealous of Palin. Matter of fact, I didn't say anyone was jealous. So why are you jumping to the conclusion that I said you were jealous of her ?? I simply quoted an old saying and if the shoe fits for some.....There is some kind of obsession going on here with her which should probably be taken to the Political Forum since she no longer represents AK.

As far as being afraid of what she "may" become representative of...well she is NO longer the Governor of AK so people need to just get over it.

Regarding certain moralities being pushed down people's throats....I won't even go there since this is what we currently have.

You need to remember other people are "entitled" to their opinions whether you or anyone else agrees with them and will also say what they like.

Bravo .

regards,
TB

Old 08-19-2009, 08:08 PM

1,396 posts, read 3,060,541 times
Quote:
Yes, let's get something straight. I am under the impression threads are closed due to name calling, inflammatory, etc. I don't know about people on here reporting threads, but I do believe it is the tone the thread/s take on and some get very heated with name calling, off topic, etc.!
Your right! I reported on one of those threads for name calling.

Last edited by MinuteMan; 08-19-2009 at 09:09 PM.. Reason: added a few words

Old 08-19-2009, 09:23 PM

1,435 posts, read 2,403,892 times
Aren't ya touchy... I thought Alaskans were tougher than that
He called me names!!! Let's close the thread!
I mean, there are threats and that's a different story, but name calling?
Hm, maybe you deserve some of it...

( "you" in general, the discussion participants )

Old 08-19-2009, 09:31 PM

4,986 posts, read 8,649,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPF View Post
I mean, there are threats and that's a different story, but name calling?
Hm, maybe you deserve some of it...

( "you" in general, the discussion participants )
Yep, you can call me anything, just don't call me late for dinner.

Old 08-19-2009, 10:41 PM

22,176 posts, read 28,679,890 times
Quote:

I never posted "you" were jealous of Palin. Matter of fact, I didn't say anyone was jealous. So why are you jumping to the conclusion that I said you were jealous of her ?? I simply quoted an old saying and if the shoe fits for some.....There is some kind of obsession going on here with her which should probably be taken to the Political Forum since she no longer represents AK.

You posted that some people are jealous of her and since I'm participating in this thread I decided to refute that point on my own behalf. I suppose perhaps some people are jealous of her; there's probably someone jealous of everyone. But that lame silencing tactic has quite run it's course.

My original post here was satire and that's all. It certainly wasn't meant to take on a heavy political tone.

As far as the political forum is concerned I have already pointed out to the thread hi-jackers that the discussions that they want to have can no doubt be found there

As far as being afraid of what she "may" become representative of...well she is NO longer the Governor of AK so people need to just get over it.

Get over what? She bleated that she quit on Alaska for a "higher calling". Apparently she wants to represent the rabid right. I happen to despise the rabid right because want to shove their f-ed up way of life on the rest of us all the while blaring about "individual freedoms". The only freedom they give a rat's ass about is the "freedom" to dictate to others how they should live. Small government my ass.

Regarding certain moralities being pushed down people's throats....I won't even go there since this is what we currently have.

Why not go there? What morality is the current administration trying to push down your throat?

You need to remember other people are "entitled" to their opinions whether you or anyone else agrees with them and will also say what they like.
People are of course entitled to their opinions but hi-jacking threads to get a discussion closed down is becoming the norm here and it has gotten damned old. Some really good information has been lost on this forum because some people have sour grapes and whine to the moderator every time a discussion takes a turn that they don't like. The caribou thread is a prime example of that.

Old 08-19-2009, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
Exactly. Nice to see I'm not the only one.

The ironic part is that the so called conservative Republican party is just as willing to use the power of the government to force their world view on everyone as are the Dems. This is anything but conservatism. In reality, both the Repuplican and Democrat parties have simply merged into a modern, big government, Statist party.
The extreme left and the extreme right are the same thing. They want to dictate to other people how they should live. This is exactly why the Libertarian party is going to be the party of this century; they look and sound good to people fed up with both sides.

Old 08-19-2009, 11:00 PM

5,963 posts, read 10,947,735 times
Met, your friend "notrees" is the one who actually started the politics BS with the video regarding health care so maybe you better talk to him about hijacking your thread. This has gone on and on with Palin and it is getting a bit old always turning into a mess. You had one thread closed and then you go and start another one and here comes good ole notrees dipping in with something totally off topic.

I've not seen any good information on the AK forum when it comes to politics; it turns into lengthy arguments and name calling the minute someone disagrees. One side thinks their right and so does the other side and then one side will try to force their beliefs thinking everyone else is wrong; hmmm, makes me think I'm back in junior high school. There is a big difference in debating and in what goes on most of the time when politics comes into the picture.

Palin is gone....I figured once she was gone this would stop but it hasn't. And if anyone thinks they are being accused of being jealous of Palin then that's on them. It's actually more of an obsession and some kind of strange hatred for her going on which I just don't get. I don't see her as any kind of a threat in the political world.

Have you talked to the mod/s as to why those threads were closed? Because whether someone complained or not, they got out-of-hand.

Old 08-19-2009, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Met, your friend "notrees" is the one who actually started the politics BS with the video regarding health care so maybe you better talk to him about hijacking your thread. This has gone on and on with Palin and it is getting a bit old always turning into a mess. You had one thread closed and then you go and start another one and here comes good ole notrees dipping in with something totally off topic.

If you have a problem with what he's posted, take it up with him, please. And please note that I don't attempt to hold you responsible for whatever one of your "friends" post.

I've not seen any good information on the AK forum when it comes to politics; it turns into lengthy arguments and name calling the minute someone disagrees. One side thinks their right and so does the other side and then one side will try to force their beliefs thinking everyone else is wrong; hmmm, makes me think I'm back in junior high school. There is a big difference in debating and in what goes on most of the time when politics comes into the picture.

There was some good information in the caribou thread you posted until it was hi-jacked and consequently deleted. It wasn't necessarily political information but good stuff nonetheless. That was the sort of thing I was referencing.

Palin is gone....I figured once she was gone this would stop but it hasn't. And if anyone thinks they are being accused of being jealous of Palin then that's on them. It's actually more of an obsession and some kind of strange hatred for her going on which I just don't get. I don't see her as any kind of a threat in the political world.

Some people see whatever "following" she has as a threat. Personally I believe that she's capable of inciting violence among the brain dead ignorant fools who still believe that she has anything relevant to say. I do agree that she's completely over, which was why this thread was posted as satire and not meant to devolve into anything else

Have you talked to the mod/s as to why those threads were closed? Because whether someone complained or not, they got out-of-hand.
In the past I have done so and have since realized the absolute futility of that. By the same token, I've been called just about every name in the book on this forum, had personally identifying information posted by a psycho ***** and got no response when I reported the post and had to DM the moderator about it before anything was done. There are still posts here slamming my son that I reported that were never removed and still exist here but God forbid someone should breathe in the wrong octave towards a friend of a mod. I've also been followed to another forum by a moderator where people were comparing notes about CD; that was about as lame as it gets. Seems that the reporting option only works for some people.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 08-19-2009 at 11:25 PM..

Old 08-19-2009, 11:44 PM

1,255 posts, read 1,921,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
... but God forbid someone should breathe in the wrong octave towards a friend of a mod. ... Seems that the reporting option only works for some people.
Hear, Hear!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska