U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 10:17 AM

2,048 posts, read 3,236,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
Met, your friend "notrees" is the one who actually started the politics BS with the video regarding health care so maybe you better talk to him about hijacking your thread. This has gone on and on with Palin and it is getting a bit old always turning into a mess. You had one thread closed and then you go and start another one and here comes good ole notrees dipping in with something totally off topic.

I've not seen any good information on the AK forum when it comes to politics; it turns into lengthy arguments and name calling the minute someone disagrees. One side thinks their right and so does the other side and then one side will try to force their beliefs thinking everyone else is wrong; hmmm, makes me think I'm back in junior high school. There is a big difference in debating and in what goes on most of the time when politics comes into the picture.

Palin is gone....I figured once she was gone this would stop but it hasn't. And if anyone thinks they are being accused of being jealous of Palin then that's on them. It's actually more of an obsession and some kind of strange hatred for her going on which I just don't get. I don't see her as any kind of a threat in the political world.

Have you talked to the mod/s as to why those threads were closed? Because whether someone complained or not, they got out-of-hand.
Lets get something straight.....the points above, pat attempted to make, are pure fiction

Pat....when ya read posts it helps to comprehend what you read....just say'in
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2009, 10:28 AM

2,048 posts, read 3,236,099 times
BTW.....Palin was seen on the Alaska Highway yesterday headed south

She was towing a large cargo trailer and written in the dirt on the back of the trailer was "Montana or Bust"

Now thats progress ain't it...

Old 08-20-2009, 10:39 AM

5,963 posts, read 10,918,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPF View Post
Aren't ya touchy... I thought Alaskans were tougher than that
He called me names!!! Let's close the thread!
I mean, there are threats and that's a different story, but name calling?
Hm, maybe you deserve some of it...

( "you" in general, the discussion participants )

And your point is ? ? The point is "why" are the threads being closed....

Old 08-20-2009, 10:56 AM

21,363 posts, read 33,485,417 times
She's gone, get over it...

Old 08-20-2009, 10:57 AM

The Red Queen of Wales
6,832 posts, read 2,688,651 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528
Met, your friend "notrees" is the one who actually started the politics BS with the video regarding health care so maybe you better talk to him about hijacking your thread. This has gone on and on with Palin and it is getting a bit old always turning into a mess. You had one thread closed and then you go and start another one and here comes good ole notrees dipping in with something totally off topic.

If you have a problem with what he's posted, take it up with him, please. And please note that I don't attempt to hold you responsible for whatever one of your "friends" post.

Well it can be clearly seen that "notrees" hijacked the topic off by posting the healthcare video. This can't be denied. And if I have a problem with him or anyone else I have no problem letting them know. I'm not holding you responsible for what a friend of yours wrote...but lamblast him for veering off topic which may get the thread closed...who knows.

[QUOTE=Metlakatla;10362036]In the past I have done so and have since realized the absolute futility of that. By the same token, I've been called just about every name in the book on this forum, had personally identifying information posted by a psycho ***** and got no response when I reported the post and had to DM the moderator about it before anything was done. There are still posts here slamming my son that I reported that were never removed and still exist here but God forbid someone should breathe in the wrong octave towards a friend of a mod. I've also been followed to another forum by a moderator where people were comparing notes about CD; that was about as lame as it gets. Seems that the reporting option only works for some people.[/quote]

I don't recall ever seeing personal info about you posted or about your son being slammed; both of those should have obviously been addressed. I have contacted a mod but it was because I made a comparison to "my" post being deleted which was basically the same as what some others were. As far as I'm concerned, fair is fair, but doesn't always work that way. It does appear some are good buddies with the mod/s. I've had many of my posts deleted but anymore I take it with a grain of salt.

Old 08-20-2009, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
Lets get something straight.....the points above, pat attempted to make, are pure fiction

Pat....when ya read posts it helps to comprehend what you read....just say'in
So Crunchy, get it straight for me as to what points are pure fiction? I comprehend very well....wondering about your comprehension though...just say'in.

Old 08-20-2009, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
She's gone, get over it...
Amen!!

Old 08-20-2009, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
Not true. I disagree with Moose all the time on politics (like in this thread) but I don't call him names and he doesn't call me names either.
"You" hijacked the thread with the health care mess.

Old 08-20-2009, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra Boy View Post
Personally it's hard watching otherwise ok threads devolve into name calling and mud slinging. I watched crossfire get dogpiled by some for derailing the other garage sale thread, when anyone that can read could see it was C. Crunch that introduced "death panel" into the thread to begin with. If I'm not mistaking, Ms. Pats point is not so much that Notrees (and others) introduce politics into your threads, but more so that whenever it happens, the thread blows up and some people cant or wont see how it got started to begin with.

regards,
TB

...my apologies Ms. Pat if I am off base.
You are exactly right TB.....the point I was "trying" to put across, but some want to argue just for the sake of arguing.

Old 08-20-2009, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
I have to spread the .....I have to go cruising...but girl..ya got it on this one Deb
what a shocker....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska