Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 08:59 AM

2,519 posts, read 7,029,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
I voted for Bush 3 times if you count the Dad. I have the balls to tell all the posters on here that want to rag on Palin that they are just freakin' jealous. I imagine that most all of them have those life size posters of Obama superglued, screwed, stapled and nailed to the ceiling above their bed. Cause all this Palin bashin' means they are all in a big ole love fest with the Obama.

But carry on. Keep it going.
You are throwing gas on the flames....

Old 12-15-2009, 09:00 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
I voted for Bush 3 times if you count the Dad. I have the balls to tell all the posters on here that want to rag on Palin that they are just freakin' jealous. I imagine that most all of them have those life size posters of Obama superglued, screwed, stapled and nailed to the ceiling above their bed. Cause all this Palin bashin' means they are all in a big ole love fest with the Obama.

But carry on. Keep it going.
You imagine quite wrong as usual, stiff.

You must be awfully threatened by anyone who doesn't see things the same way that you do, since all you ever seem to have is the same old personal slams.

Old 12-15-2009, 10:02 AM

2,048 posts, read 3,807,220 times
thats pretty funny stuff stiffer, coming from a female

even with that, we all know you're an out-of-touch right wingnut moron without a clue

fortunately you're in the minority....

Old 12-15-2009, 10:16 AM

6,381 posts, read 14,560,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
thats pretty funny stuff stiffer, coming from a female

even with that, we all know you're an out-of-touch right wingnut moron without a clue

fortunately you're in the minority....
2010 will tell the story.... Think a lot of bubbles are going to get popped..

Old 12-15-2009, 10:17 AM

BTW.....The Smirking Chimp has been in hiding pretty much since we booted the squatter out ....now that the 22 thousand emails that mysteriously disappered have been found maybe we can jail that worthless bastard

Old 12-15-2009, 10:19 AM

" Bush may have to come out of hiding if these emails prove incriminating. I guess Bush and bin Laden share the same fate: They will both be in hiding for the rest of their lives. Bin Laden will be in hiding for his role in 9/11 and Bush for how he responded to 9/11 by condoning torture, indefinite confinement, and lying us into unnecessary wars. Bush probably had less respect for the constitution than any president who has ever stolen an election. Too bad he lacks the honesty and self-awareness to reflect on it."

Old 12-15-2009, 10:30 AM

1,255 posts, read 2,267,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
I would make it a pretty safe bet that you left your Natural Born Country and came to the United States because the place you left sucks.... that is about as blunt as I can get.

You have a good lifestyle here, and you are in a hurry to make here like it was where you left... maybe not completely the same, but the same form of Government that drove you off, you find somehow perversely a comfort.
Star in wrong on the particulars here. I come from one of the most beautiful (until tourism/real estate development recently ruined it) places in the world, with alluring beaches and verdant hills. The rest of my home country is poor but my own pocket, under Portuguese rule for almost 450 years, was an idyll. So I had a very good life, thank you. I came to America for graduate study, because it has the finest universities in the world for engineering, and it provides opportunities for growth unmatched anywhere.

Now Star is perhaps right that most immigrants come to America to seek better economic prospects or they are fleeing oppressive regimes back home.

I love America and I love it FOR THE EXACT THINGS Sarah Palin and the rightwing nutjobs hate about it - its universities, liberal thought, intellectuals, artists, creative freedom, the boldness to go where no man has gone before - and so on.

Star, which ice floe in the Arctic did your ancestors come from? And what were they fleeing?

Old 12-15-2009, 10:32 AM

And one more thing. If Star and his ilk had had their way, I would not be here today. People of my skin colour were denied immigration into the United States until the mid-1960s. It is only after the liberals in Congress passed the Immigration Act of 1965 (or 1967) that my type were allowed in. I am, therefore, glad to be part of the vast left wing conspiracy.

Old 12-15-2009, 10:45 AM

6,381 posts, read 14,560,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
And one more thing. If Star and his ilk had had their way, I would not be here today. People of my skin colour were denied immigration into the United States until the mid-1960s. It is only after the liberals in Congress passed the Immigration Act of 1965 (or 1967) that my type were allowed in. I am, therefore, glad to be part of the vast left wing conspiracy.
Unless you came here illegally, you are FOS. Almost all Americans have no issues with people coming here legally. What was done years back is something I or most of Americans had anything to do with. IF you check your history a tad bit better, you will find that it was the Democrats that didn't want to free the Slaves and led to the Civil War.... Kinda pops your bubble on the long haul.

Democratic Senator Byrd was an active KKK member and nobody seems to care...

The fact that President Johnson signed the bill allowing Immigration was from the pressure of the Republicans and was not a Democratic led program, and he caught a lot of flak from the other Democrats because of it, which took a lot of backbone on his part.

The fact that you don't play with a full "Box of rocks" is an entirely different matter.

Old 12-15-2009, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
IF you check your history a tad bit better, you will find that it was the Democrats that didn't want to free the Slaves and led to the Civil War....
Exactly! The Democratic Party of yore is today's Republican morass and vice versa. Thank you for confirming the obvious.

While you questioned my antecedents, you still haven't told us about yours - which ice floe did your ancestors wash ashore on? And were they here legally or illegally?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska