Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 09:57 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,737,386 times

Advertisements

I don't know about either of those teams...I recall a few years ago when the Seattle team was playing and we all rooting for them and had a really fun party in Talkeetna--I made my famous Khalua laden cupcakes for that.

We're all going to a Superbowl party this year but only because my dad wants to go; I know nothing about who's playing so I'll root for whoever is the farthest west.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2010, 10:00 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,024,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovin' Surprise View Post
Hello my fellow CD friends.. I know superbowl is a big thing and was wondering who you are all going for?

It's COLTS vs SAINTS!!

who's your pick and who's gonna win??

Well we are a BIG COLTS fan's here.. so i'm gonna say they will win!!

GO COLTS!!!

give me your imput
http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo224/Bears_On_Ice/PancakeBunny.jpg (broken link)

Old 02-05-2010, 10:04 PM

19,723 posts, read 10,499,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I don't know about either of those teams...I recall a few years ago when the Seattle team was playing and we all rooting for them and had a really fun party in Talkeetna--I made my famous Khalua laden cupcakes for that.

We're all going to a Superbowl party this year but only because my dad wants to go; I know nothing about who's playing so I'll root for whoever is the farthest west.
Reciepe? Would you share it, with me?
Superbowl party here, will be more about the food, and the people, than who wins the game.

Old 02-05-2010, 10:09 PM

6,424 posts, read 13,250,164 times
Really when it comes down to it, the only real reason I watch the super bowl is for the commercials. I'm more of a hockey or rugby fan.

Football, the game of no action. In 3 hours of a 1 hour game there is on average only about 7 minutes of real game play.

Old 02-05-2010, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debey View Post
Reciepe? Would you share it, with me?
Superbowl party here, will be more about the food, and the people, than who wins the game.
Not so tough...I used powdered cocoa mix to make the cupcakes and just used the cake recipe on the can to make the cupcakes; I used Khalua instead of whatever liquid the recipe called for (vanilla et al). For frosting I'd make a basic cream frosting with Irish Cream.

Just use Hershey's cocoa powder...it's got a good bite that works well with coffee flavored liqueur.

Old 02-05-2010, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Since the Vikings lost I really could care less about the SuperBowl. I'm darn eager for NASCAR to start!

I'll probably watch the bowl and will probably root for the Colts because that "who dat" crap really annoys me.
Shoot. CC flew down to Daytona last night and I told him I would watch a certain race which I completely forgot to watch. It was some kind of stock car race; don't know much about it.

I actually attended a Superbowl once in person back in the stone age.

Old 02-05-2010, 11:05 PM

100 posts, read 338,900 times
MooseWhisper, OMG i love the picture.. cute i tried to quote you but it wouldn't let me.. LOL maybe i'm a dork with computers and dont know how.. LOL i click'd quote and it was a blank box.. LOL

but the picture is too cute

Old 02-05-2010, 11:06 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Since the Vikings lost I really could care less about the SuperBowl. I'm darn eager for NASCAR to start!

I'll probably watch the bowl and will probably root for the Colts because that "who dat" crap really annoys me.
Vikings-Colts would have been a better game. Oh, well.

Old 02-06-2010, 01:35 AM

6,381 posts, read 14,572,327 times
Well it is already decided, it will be the Colts....

Seems Obama has sided with the Saints....

Now the Saints fans are calling the talk shows to see if they can get Obama to switch his support to the Colts, they have come too far to lose...

Such undying support for the President...

Me, I was rooting for the Vikings, but alas, I am for the Colts now for no other reason than Obama threw his hat the ring for the other guys, should keep his record at about 100%...

Old 02-06-2010, 08:56 AM

19,723 posts, read 10,499,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Not so tough...I used powdered cocoa mix to make the cupcakes and just used the cake recipe on the can to make the cupcakes; I used Khalua instead of whatever liquid the recipe called for (vanilla et al). For frosting I'd make a basic cream frosting with Irish Cream.

Just use Hershey's cocoa powder...it's got a good bite that works well with coffee flavored liqueur.
Thanks! Hershey's cocoa is a staple, @ my house, LOL.
I've got some phone calls to make, as we've just canceled out our plans, due to an family illness, this morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska