U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2011, 12:04 PM

584 posts, read 1,677,039 times

Advertisements

so they eat their own foods,and listen to music from their home land. it is their right. just as you have the right to type racist stuff.
Rate this post positively

Old 01-24-2017, 09:50 AM

5,188 posts, read 2,241,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendleton42 View Post
so they eat their own foods,and listen to music from their home land. it is their right. just as you have the right to type racist stuff.
Yes, and they force everyone else within a 4 block radius to listen to it too. I had to move back to Mont Pleasant 22 months ago due to being burned out of my apartment building in downtown Troy (a very quiet neighborhood in spite of the fact that it was downtown). Worst 15 months of my life. If it wasn't the kids next door working on their cars and playing their car stereos until 11:00 PM or midnight (I don't know HOW many times my father or I had to go outside to holler at them to turn it down), it was the family 4 houses down that threw a Labor Day weekend bash, complete with what sounded like a professional DJ system cranked up to full blast, until 4:00 AM, as well as several other parties that violated the noise ordinance. This in spite of the fact that this city has a 24-hour noise ordinance that the police choose NOT to enforce. In spite of fact that there may be people who have to work that weekend. One thing that my old neighborhood in Troy had that the entire city of Sch'dy does not, apparently, is a proper Neighborhood Watch, as well as a Quality of Life Committee that would nip such nuisances in the bud.

Thankfully, I moved 6 months ago to Watervliet. Nice, quiet side street off 19th Street where the neighbors keep themselves, and their noise, to themselves. I could actually open my windows and not hear booming bass noise for a change.

Old 01-26-2017, 08:58 AM

77 posts, read 114,963 times
Don't feed the Troll.

Old 09-08-2019, 02:16 PM

2 posts, read 692 times
Default Guyanese in Schenectady

As a guyanese living in Schenectady I would like.to say not every culture is perfect.

Guyanese people moved from the metro NYC area to Schenectady in Hope's of reviving the city by purchasing distressed properties and rehabbing them to almost new structure state.

Yes our culture is different than the US but we 100% support the United States and we dont take it for granted living and working in the United States.

60% of Guyanese in Schenectady are currently home owners.

We did not get any grant or special help from.the Government or the city of Schenectady. Hard work and good money management is what we thrive on.

So for anyone that's never met a guyanese if or when you do have a sit down I'm sure the individual would love to educate you on a different culture.

We are in Schenectady because we love this beautiful city! And we are here because like anyone else wants to live and prosper.

Old 09-08-2019, 04:24 PM

1,525 posts, read 1,109,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTDUPA View Post
As a guyanese living in Schenectady I would like.to say not every culture is perfect.

Guyanese people moved from the metro NYC area to Schenectady in Hope's of reviving the city by purchasing distressed properties and rehabbing them to almost new structure state.

Yes our culture is different than the US but we 100% support the United States and we dont take it for granted living and working in the United States.

60% of Guyanese in Schenectady are currently home owners.

We did not get any grant or special help from.the Government or the city of Schenectady. Hard work and good money management is what we thrive on.

So for anyone that's never met a guyanese if or when you do have a sit down I'm sure the individual would love to educate you on a different culture.

We are in Schenectady because we love this beautiful city! And we are here because like anyone else wants to live and prosper.
The majority of people don't have a problem with the Guyanese population, so don't worry. OP is just a troll who has nothing better to do than post racist content on the internet.

Old 09-08-2019, 07:29 PM

2 posts, read 692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones17 View Post
The majority of people don't have a problem with the Guyanese population, so don't worry. OP is just a troll who has nothing better to do than post racist content on the internet.
I hear you we have one of that user in every culture lol

Old 01-21-2020, 05:16 PM

8,283 posts, read 6,787,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cissy8 View Post
relationships with Schenetady Guyanese, I have concluded that these people are very rude. They have no intentions of conforming to the culture of the U.S.A. Yes, they want to avai themselves of our land of opportunity. They pledge alegence to their own flag.
1. I see Irish and Italian flags everywhere so the fact there are also Guyanese flags is irrelevant.

2. Your claims of their rudeness means that they are becoming perfect New Yorkers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area