U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2010, 07:20 AM

83 posts, read 172,541 times

Advertisements

Hannaford stores are nice. I shop at Price Chopper, just because I find that they have better prices. I don't dislike Hannaford and their stores are always well kept and clean. They have bulk goods, so if I'm looking for a few bulk things (lentils, etc) I swing by there and maybe pick up a sale item or two.

Yes, it's an adjustment. We've moving soon and I'm looking forward to having things a stone's throw away. It's pretty rural here where I live and I'm a 15 minute drive to the grocery store and the same to my girls' school. I'll be happy to spend less time in the car. I will miss much about this area though, I was raised here - it's home.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2010, 04:17 PM

6,343 posts, read 14,163,340 times
You will definitely miss the Super Targets when you move up north. The larger Hannaford's are nice. They are up in Queensbury area as well as Saratoga. There is a Costco in Colchester VT, but it is a 3 hour drive from Saratoga. The E. Springfield, Mass. Costco is two hours from Saratoga.

Old 08-01-2010, 05:56 PM

275 posts, read 709,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
You will definitely miss the Super Targets when you move up north. The larger Hannaford's are nice. They are up in Queensbury area as well as Saratoga. There is a Costco in Colchester VT, but it is a 3 hour drive from Saratoga. The E. Springfield, Mass. Costco is two hours from Saratoga.
We have Publix supermarkets down here. If Hannaford or Price Chopper is comparable. I'll be happy. Hopefully in the next couple of years, Costco will open a store closer to Albany/Saratoga.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:29 AM

83 posts, read 172,541 times
Yes, they are comparable to Publix. You'll be happy.

I think we'd throw a party up here if we got Costco LOL. I like Sam's Club a lot, but I'm like a little girl when I go down south and visit a Costco

Old 08-02-2010, 11:39 AM

6,343 posts, read 14,163,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandytab View Post
Yes, they are comparable to Publix. You'll be happy.

I think we'd throw a party up here if we got Costco LOL. I like Sam's Club a lot, but I'm like a little girl when I go down south and visit a Costco
I sent an email to Costco and they did reply and indicated they knew they were underutilized in NYS. So there is HOPE. Suggest you let Costco know how much you would love one in NYS:

Therese Wontorek [twontorek@costco.com] in the Real Estate Dept.

Can hurt!

Old 08-02-2010, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
I sent an email to Costco and they did reply and indicated they knew they were underutilized in NYS. So there is HOPE. Suggest you let Costco know how much you would love one in NYS:

Therese Wontorek [twontorek@costco.com] in the Real Estate Dept.

Can hurt!
Will do.

Old 08-08-2010, 08:12 AM

263 posts, read 570,501 times
The Hospitals up here are pretty good, I had surgery in St Peters, they where tops, Saratoga Hospital has a Magnet designation ( look them up) Glens Falls a large Hospital, many Medical centers, there simply is no need to look elsewhere. Then there is Albany Medical etc, nothing to worry about, except if you are looking for a dentist, they simply are not on the same level then NYC suburbs ( we came from Westchester Ct)

Old 08-08-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland 544 View Post
The Hospitals up here are pretty good, I had surgery in St Peters, they where tops, Saratoga Hospital has a Magnet designation ( look them up) Glens Falls a large Hospital, many Medical centers, there simply is no need to look elsewhere. Then there is Albany Medical etc, nothing to worry about, except if you are looking for a dentist, they simply are not on the same level then NYC suburbs ( we came from Westchester Ct)
Didn't really give dentists much thought. I figured there would be plenty to choose from. Thanks for the heads up.

Old 08-13-2010, 03:49 AM

10,398 posts, read 531,107 times
The Albany area is just a short trip down the Northway, all you ever need in Medical care is right there. I worked at Albany Med for 15 yrs. and I can tell you it's the best. St Peters is also wonderful. I always heard negative comments about Saratoga Hospital, but think it has improved since then. I really don't think you will have a problem.

Old 08-13-2010, 09:18 AM

263 posts, read 570,501 times
I would say we have more Medical facilities here then most places, anoth Hospital Urgent care will be build at exit 12 in Malta, we are addicted to this stuff, hundreds of Pharmacy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area