U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 01:43 PM

4 posts, read 62,459 times

Advertisements

For the first time in my life I am single and hav been for 8 months. I have never had a hard time meeting wonderful women...until now. I am a professional athletic woman. I do not look tough, like a boy or a ****. I'm 35 and I am the kind of person who could talk to a tree and get it to talk back. I have been having trouble finding and meeting professional attractive feminine women. The bars are loaded with 21 year old kids who dress like boys and the Gay and lesbian cultural events are loaded with aged tough looking lesbians. I enjoy meeting them, but nothing clicks. Where would I go to find a feminine SINGLE professional woman? Anyone?????
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2007, 06:29 AM

1 posts, read 14,377 times
Default It's not easy

I have lived in this area for awhile now and it's not easy to meet an attractive professional lesbian woman. I know bars are not the answer. When we were in our early twenties that was the place but not anymore. You might want to try the gay and lesbian community center in Albany. They might be able to give you some ideas. Sorry I couldn't give you any more suggestions. But your not alone in this. I'm sure that we are not the only 2 people that are having this problem. Good luck!

smctigger

Old 08-25-2007, 07:20 AM

25,712 posts, read 25,631,248 times
Craigslist personals. There are ALL types of relationships in there. More than you might imagine.

Old 08-29-2007, 08:36 PM

1 posts, read 14,364 times
Hi, I've had the same experience since moving to Albany three years ago, its been incredibly difficult to meet attractive, smart, interesting women. My friends have tried to drag me to the bars in the area and I haven't met anyone to hold my interest.
I haven't had much luck at the gay and lesbian events either. Seeing how it has been a struggle in Albany, I was wondering if there were any options in Saratoga??
Any other suggestions?? Thanks for your help.

Old 08-29-2007, 10:36 PM

69,823 posts, read 17,220,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Surge View Post
Craigslist personals. There are ALL types of relationships in there. More than you might imagine.
Maybe I should add them to my Who would you choose... thing

Old 09-05-2009, 07:05 PM

1 posts, read 12,434 times
I just moved here from Syracuse. Let's pick a place and just meet to socialize. Sunday afternoons are a good time for me. How about Border's at the Crossgate Mall? Or a Panera? How about starting in a couple of weeks?

Old 12-04-2009, 09:22 AM

1 posts, read 12,094 times
Can I come? I feel the same, I am 35 and have an advance medicine degree?

Old 05-12-2010, 03:16 PM

1 posts, read 11,025 times
Hi Ladies, I am returning back to the area from NYC, and I am wondering where I can meet professional lesbians as well. I'm hoping the upcoming PRIDE events will allow me to make new friends, but if you're interested, it would be great to get a group together to meet there. (The original thread is pretty old, but hopefully there are some ladies still checking this board).

Old 05-14-2010, 07:10 AM

267 posts, read 905,390 times
Have you considered going to the UU church in Albany? They are a "welcoming congregation", "inclusive towards bisexual, gay, lesbian, and/or transgender people".

First Unitarian-Universalist Society of Albany

I think all the UU church in this area are, I know the one in Sch'dy is as well.

My other thought was maybe a meetup group, I searched quickly and only found a bisexual group for Albany. You could always start one for professional lesbians?

Good luck ladies!

Old 05-16-2010, 11:32 AM

63 posts, read 136,337 times
Well gosh, my sister-in-law is a single professional lesbian... that sounds funny - as if her profession is being a lesbian. LOL!

The UU church is a great suggestion. Also, I know there's an organization of some kind on Hudson Ave in Center Square (Albany). Called something like the CDGLA - something like that.

Also, I'll send you a PM if I can. Good luck.

**Nope, don't see a way to PM you. Oh well. Let me know if you'd like a lead on a band to go listen to... they have several middle-aged lesbians that go hear them play out quite often. Maybe a way to meet a few new people, who knows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area