U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2011, 06:29 PM

257 posts, read 695,729 times

Advertisements

Hello. My family and I (Us + 2 kids) are considering relocating along with my in-laws. We were originally only looking into the Syracuse suburbs, but my brother lives in Latham NY and I figured I would see if there was anything affordable. Found this listing and it seems too good to be true. Tell me what you know about this neighborhood. People, schools, etc.

Real Estate Listings - CENTURY 21 Homes for Sale| CENTURY 21

Also if anyone knows a better real estate web site for this area let me know. Just started looking around.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2011, 07:30 PM

267 posts, read 905,620 times
Are you asking about Latham, Colonie in general? Are you in general asking about all the listings or one in particular? The area is a good one, I don't know that there is a bad area in Latham or Colonie. The schools are good, neighborhoods safe.

I like using realtor.com, because I like seeing the home on a map. Then I like to look at homes on google maps Google Maps in street view because you can get a better idea of what the neighborhood looks like. You can see the neighboring homes, views up and down the street, see if it's a busy street, etc.

I looked at the first 3 homes you had on your list, they look good. Renovated, in nice areas, etc. Of course seeing homes in person is different, but I think what you are seeing is not "too good to be true" I think it's pretty typical of homes in the area. Good luck house hunting/shopping!

Old 03-27-2011, 06:31 AM

MLS 201022775

OOps!
Sorry, though I put the link to this house in particular.

Old 03-27-2011, 09:10 AM

267 posts, read 905,620 times
That was one of the ones I looked at, so my previous response would apply! I think it's a fine house, in a good area. Looks like a convenient area, close to Rt. 9, the Northway, etc. Latham is a nice area, good schools, middle class, I have family in that area, kids went thru the schools, etc.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:15 PM

142 posts, read 290,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladibug1026 View Post
Hello. My family and I (Us + 2 kids) are considering relocating along with my in-laws. We were originally only looking into the Syracuse suburbs, but my brother lives in Latham NY and I figured I would see if there was anything affordable. Found this listing and it seems too good to be true. Tell me what you know about this neighborhood. People, schools, etc.

Real Estate Listings - CENTURY 21 Homes for Sale| CENTURY 21

Also if anyone knows a better real estate web site for this area let me know. Just started looking around.
How did I know that I'd find you here, BE-D???

Your other half isn't a big fan of it, but I use Trulia because it allows you to export the property data and details for your saved listings to an EXCEL file for a quick and easy comparison.

.....and I quote: "Here we go again".

Old 03-29-2011, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lameduck51 View Post
how did i know that i'd find you here, be-d???

Your other half isn't a big fan of it, but i use trulia because it allows you to export the property data and details for your saved listings to an excel file for a quick and easy comparison.

.....and i quote: "here we go again".
lol

Old 04-05-2011, 02:06 AM

7 posts, read 12,572 times
The number of citizens in Latham makes up about twenty thousand, four hundred and sixty-three people. According to the statistic data, there are seven thousand two hundred and fifty-one households. The city boasts a number of parks and gardens that are perfect for rest with friends and family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
View detailed profiles of: