U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 06:16 AM

6,322 posts, read 14,153,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncnittany View Post
Ellwood...you sound like my wife
She has taught me to set the "cruise control" which has reduced my tickets to zero.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 11:57 AM

15 posts, read 63,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by memcam View Post
I got a speeding ticket on I87, 78 in a zone that just lowered to 55mph, first ticket ever. I was given a supporting deposition but the statement typed on the form was wrong, I'm assuming a type-o. Anything that can be done with this. I'm concerned about the fee and insurance.
Plead not guilty; request the ticketing officer to supply a deposition, show up in court. Many times if the ticket was issued by the State Police they will not show up. I'm told (not sure how true it is) that they have to appear on their own time for tickets and as such many times don't show up and the charge(s) are normally dropped.

Good Luck!

Old 09-14-2011, 06:40 AM

6,322 posts, read 14,153,337 times
They don't put the amount of fine on ticket because if you plead "not guilty" you get a court appearance and you can plead your case before judge and DA might lower the offense and fine. I don't believe it is a requirement for the State Trooper to appear at your court appearance.

Old 09-20-2011, 07:25 PM

3,460 posts, read 3,354,678 times
I received a first speeding ticket (for over 10 years of driving) on I87 south today at Warrensburg. The ticket say I was doing 77 on a 50 work zone (reduced from 65). I know for sure I was not doing 77, I brake when I saw the lane is merging right. The driver that cut in front of me might be doing 77. Even on the 65 zone, I was cruising at 74.

The cop parked his car about 5 or 10 cones where the zone begin, so I believe If he did clock me, it was before I've entered the zone.

The cop did not even move his car, he was directing us to the side from the cone area.

What is worst, the work zone where work is being done is on the other side of the interstate.

I live 4 hours from Warrensburg and there is no way I will waste a day driving up there to fight this.

Can anyone recommend an affordable lawyer for me? PM or post to the board is fine.

Thanks

Old 09-22-2011, 03:03 PM

313 posts, read 732,153 times
CW30000~ A simple search of lawyers in Saratoga Springs, or Queensbury is the first step. Then call and ask if they handle traffic tickets. I usually try to stay local with the lawyer, because they may have a relationship with the DA or Asst Da. Remember, the lawyer will never be going to the local town court, but, rather calling them and trying to get your ticket downgraded. I wouldn't pay more than $200 for a lawyers assistance with this. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area