U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2011, 12:29 AM

4 posts, read 7,583 times

Advertisements

We are moving to Saratoga Springs due to job relocation. In order to be in NY for the first day of school my husband and son are arriving in NY this week. I won't be able to be there until 2 weeks later. We need to find child care for before and after school for only 8 days. I stay home so normally this isn't an issue.

I can't find a daycare in my area. I know the Y offers a program at my son's school, but their policies are nuts.* Am I missing something or does Saratoga not have corporate day cares? In the Phoenix area the daycares have buses and go around to the different local schools and drop the children off in the morning and pick up in the afternoon. The parents only pick up and drop off at the day care.

Any help is appreciated!

*You have to have a Y membership, you have to sign up for 10 month contract and if you apply for the program late, past June 1st, you have to pay all the costs charged up until that point. So we would owe for August and September and still have to get a membership.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area