U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 05:19 PM

6,367 posts, read 14,184,991 times

Advertisements

Any idea what they are building? Someone bought a huge parcel and they are clearing the land across from the Recycling.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2011, 07:47 AM

Found out it was apartment buildings

Old 09-12-2011, 10:44 PM

1,171 posts, read 2,900,113 times
Rental or condo?

How is that other "new" complex doing? I forgot the name, but it's somewhat behind the shopping center (west side), almost adjacent to the Northway?

Thanks.

Old 09-13-2011, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EANJ View Post
Rental or condo?

How is that other "new" complex doing? I forgot the name, but it's somewhat behind the shopping center (west side), almost adjacent to the Northway?

Thanks.
The new one is going to be rental apartments. They are just clearing the land. I believe the other one you are referring is the Paddocks which are also rentals.

Old 09-13-2011, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
The new one is going to be rental apartments. They are just clearing the land. I believe the other one you are referring is the Paddocks which are also rentals.
Paddocks, right! Thanks.

How are the rentals going at the Paddocks? I heard not too good. Last year they were so slow they decided to do short-term, seasonal, 4 or 6 week rentals, for people looking for track rentals. I was very surprised. There seems to be a lot of rentals available, but the prices didn't seem to come down, at least not that much.

Old 09-14-2011, 06:30 AM

Not up on rentals of the Paddocks. Not even sure why they are building apartments in Wilton, other than due to economy more people are renting than owning, and possibly Global Foundries expansion in Malta. I was hoping for a Costco! HA!

Old 09-14-2011, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Not up on rentals of the Paddocks. Not even sure why they are building apartments in Wilton, other than due to economy more people are renting than owning, and possibly Global Foundries expansion in Malta. I was hoping for a Costco! HA!
What's the status of the Foundries/Malta situation? How many jobs/people are they talking about attracting to the area?

I often wondered the same thing (why so much new construction), even in downtown Saratoga -- they are not selling out fast, as a matter of fact they are not selling out. But more new condo's, projects, etc. are going up. Perhaps they are hoping by the time they are done the economy, real estate, etc. will have turned around.

What's going on with the Price Chopper/condo project on Railroad? Are they starting that? The new one on the park hasn't sold out and neither has the one attached to the hotel. At least I don't think so. Thanks.

Old 09-14-2011, 12:34 PM

263 posts, read 571,132 times
Yeah well , that is so true, building everywhere, but not selling iN Town anyhow, further out they all these subdivision planned ( roads installed) but no lots sold or few lots, like the Burnham estates on Nothern pines, I bycicled thru there yesterday, its a joke, back there there are 3 different contractors trying to peddle homes, another road was put in on Travers like 3 Years ago, again on travers, the owners of the storage place (behind Wallmart) bough a large piece of land Years ago, nothing happen there (good) Me, I am getting out of town before my new home ( 7 years) will be dwarfed by newer and cheaper homes. As far as Malta goes, man, I dont know what the net job gain will be, I think a lot less then people imagine....Meanwhile the Bonnacios ( Saratoga's first family of contractors..) are building and acquiring more spaces (barf) time to go.

Old 09-14-2011, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EANJ View Post
What's the status of the Foundries/Malta situation? How many jobs/people are they talking about attracting to the area?

I often wondered the same thing (why so much new construction), even in downtown Saratoga -- they are not selling out fast, as a matter of fact they are not selling out. But more new condo's, projects, etc. are going up. Perhaps they are hoping by the time they are done the economy, real estate, etc. will have turned around.

What's going on with the Price Chopper/condo project on Railroad? Are they starting that? The new one on the park hasn't sold out and neither has the one attached to the hotel. At least I don't think so. Thanks.
Global Foundries is talking more expansion; not sure of the numbers.

There is a lot of construction going on...I know they are making a big effort to attract jobs to the area.

Spoke to a neighbor who says there is a waiting list at the Paddocks. In fact, they want to expand and build more. I know this is a growing area, good schools, low crime, great restaurants, culture, affordable homes, proximity to Albany, and of course, racing.

You might check the Times-Union on Sunday. The real estate section lists all properties that have sold. Surprisingly, it appears the housing bust did not effect this region as much as nationally. Sorry I can't answer some of your questions, but our trips to SS have been limited during racing season.

Old 09-14-2011, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland 544 View Post
Yeah well , that is so true, building everywhere, but not selling iN Town anyhow, further out they all these subdivision planned ( roads installed) but no lots sold or few lots, like the Burnham estates on Nothern pines, I bycicled thru there yesterday, its a joke, back there there are 3 different contractors trying to peddle homes, another road was put in on Travers like 3 Years ago, again on travers, the owners of the storage place (behind Wallmart) bough a large piece of land Years ago, nothing happen there (good) Me, I am getting out of town before my new home ( 7 years) will be dwarfed by newer and cheaper homes. As far as Malta goes, man, I dont know what the net job gain will be, I think a lot less then people imagine....Meanwhile the Bonnacios ( Saratoga's first family of contractors..) are building and acquiring more spaces (barf) time to go.
Guess you need to more further out. Nothing being built out in Quaker Springs area; just farmland. Peace and quiet and great neighbors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area