Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2011, 10:51 AM

142 posts, read 293,115 times

Advertisements

Hi all, I am interested in purchasing a home in GF, NY but the realtor has told me - didn't ask me- what inspector to use. My brother is a Housing Inspector with the City of New York and advised against that stating conflict of interest between buyer and realtor. According to him the realtor has an interest in making sure the property is sold and I'll have no recourse with the former homeowner once the sale is through. The only recourse would be to sue the realtor and inspector should any major problem later be found to have been missed (inadvertently or intentionally) by the inspector. That's a hassle I don't want to have.
The problem is that because GF is small every realtor knows every inspector so how would I know if any inspector would be stictly looking after my interest?

Would any one know of an inspector in that area who doesn't work so closely with the realtors?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2011, 11:23 PM

31 posts, read 45,521 times
Why are you buying now? The price declines here are just beginning.

It makes no sense for you to pay a grossly inflated price for a rapidly depreciating asset.

Old 09-05-2011, 05:49 PM

142 posts, read 293,115 times
Default I got a good deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaItors Are Liars View Post
Why are you buying now? The price declines here are just beginning.

It makes no sense for you to pay a grossly inflated price for a rapidly depreciating asset.
I didn't pay a grossly inflated price. The owner of the home priced it to sell way below the current market value. At present day market value it's 70K below that. The same day it was listed is the same day I put in an offer. I negotiated and got a price lower than the asking price. Besides, I saw dozens of homes and this had all the things I wanted - well maintained, good floorplan, property size, and close to downtown. I'm very happy with my choice.

Old 08-29-2012, 02:37 PM

584 posts, read 1,930,127 times
here is a good inspector mike 518 859 3720 he is licensed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
View detailed profiles of: