Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 08:55 PM

10,398 posts, read 572,329 times

Advertisements

The TJ's I am most familiar with are the ones in the Boston area ....It's possible my memory is fooling me on the size difference but I have a feeling that they will be looking for a larger space in the next few years... esp with Whole Foods coming to town later this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2013, 01:03 PM

3 posts, read 2,647 times
Default correction

I know this was posted a while ago, but for those who care. East Greenbush has a Home Depot - not a Lowes. Albany has both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooks2010 View Post
Well in reply to my own question, hopefully this will be helpful to someone new moving to the area,

Wegmans (none in the local area)
Whole Foods (none in the local area)
Kohls (only one in Albany and Clifton park)
BJs (only one in Albany)
Costco (none in the local area)
Ikea (none in the local area)
Loft (crossgates mall)
Gap/Banana Republic/Old Navy (crossgates mall)
Macys/JC Penny/Sears (crossgates mall, sears close, not in mall)
Home Depot/Lowes (HD in albany, only Lowes in East Greenbush).

So seems like not much in the east greenbush area, will have to live in the Albany area or drive to Albany from surrounding suburbs.

MS

Old 01-03-2014, 11:16 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,618,351 times
Quote:
Well in reply to my own question, hopefully this will be helpful to someone new moving to the area,

Wegmans (none in the local area)
Whole Foods (none in the local area)
Kohls (only one in Albany and Clifton park)
BJs (only one in Albany)
Costco (none in the local area)
Ikea (none in the local area)
Loft (crossgates mall)
Gap/Banana Republic/Old Navy (crossgates mall)
Macys/JC Penny/Sears (crossgates mall, sears close, not in mall)
Home Depot/Lowes (HD in albany, only Lowes in East Greenbush).

So seems like not much in the east greenbush area, will have to live in the Albany area or drive to Albany from surrounding suburbs.

MS
Whole Foods is coming. I believe Costco is as well. If not, it's coming to Rochester and Syracuse so Albany will soon follow.

You say "only one" on a few of these. Why would the area need more than one Loft or Banana Republic?

Home Depot and Lowe's are ALL over the area! They are NOT just in Albany or East Greenbush.

BJ's isn't only located in Albany/Colonie. Neither is Kohl's.

Macy's, JC Penney, and Sears all have various locations spread throughout the region not just at Crossgates. Sears IS in fact in Colonie Center inside the mall! What's not in the mall is the Sears Auto Care center. And that is NOT at Crossgates but at Colonie Center.

There's only a handful of Ikea's in the country. Paramus, NJ is the closest and it's roughly 2 hours away.

Old 01-03-2014, 11:18 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,618,351 times
Quote:
thanks! will check out the food coop and make a visit to Price chopper when i visit Albany.
Price Chopper and Hannaford can both be found Rensselaer County. No need to go to Albany for them. Check out their websites for locations.

Old 01-06-2014, 06:03 PM

95 posts, read 191,424 times
There are 3 BJs--not just one. There is one in Albany (Colonie), one in Schenectady (Rotterdam), and one in Saratoga Springs. We also have a Sam's Club in Latham.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area