Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 02:10 PM

65 posts, read 204,770 times

Advertisements

Hello, I was wondering if the following stores are in the East Greenbush or surrounding area:

Wegmans
Whole Foods
Kohls
BJs
Costco
Ikea
Loft
Gap/Banana Republic/Old Navy
Macys/JC Penny/Sears
Home Depot/Lowes

thanks,
MS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2013, 07:53 PM

Well in reply to my own question, hopefully this will be helpful to someone new moving to the area,

Wegmans (none in the local area)
Whole Foods (none in the local area)
Kohls (only one in Albany and Clifton park)
BJs (only one in Albany)
Costco (none in the local area)
Ikea (none in the local area)
Loft (crossgates mall)
Gap/Banana Republic/Old Navy (crossgates mall)
Macys/JC Penny/Sears (crossgates mall, sears close, not in mall)
Home Depot/Lowes (HD in albany, only Lowes in East Greenbush).

So seems like not much in the east greenbush area, will have to live in the Albany area or drive to Albany from surrounding suburbs.

MS

Old 01-24-2013, 05:51 AM

247 posts, read 525,885 times
Colonie Center has a Macy's and Sears, and a Whole Foods is coming to the mall soon.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:41 AM

255 posts, read 488,153 times
There's also a lowes and Home Depot in Latham and there's a lowes in colonie.

Whole foods is opening up in colonie center (mall) soon.

There's a loft in colonie, in Stuyvesant plaza as well.

Honestly though. Nothing that's in the "albany area" would be that far away from you if you were to live in east greenbush. The longest drive you'd have to make to any one of these stores would be 15 minutes.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:59 PM

oh ok, yeah your right, I checked on google maps and its just 15 min away (after crossing the river, it looks like). The colonie center mall looks really nice, cant wait to visit.

I looked up an article about whole foods arriving in Spring 2014, that's great. Until then, does Price Chopper have a good selection of organic fruits and vegetables? or is there another alternative?

Old 01-25-2013, 08:41 AM

Price chopper is ok for organic produce. I think hannaford is better though.

The best place for organic produce though is probably fresh market (in Latham) or trader joes (in colonie). I believe they're also opening a fresh market somewhere else soon but don't quote me on that.

Albany also has a wonderful food coop that has a great selection of organic produce so I'd check that out as well. They should be moving to new premises next year which will be nice.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:55 PM

thanks! will check out the food coop and make a visit to Price chopper when i visit Albany.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:42 AM

10,398 posts, read 572,374 times
Not to get off the subject, but is anyone else wondering why Trader Joe's is in such a small space compared to some of their other stores? As far as I know, there are no stores to compete with, except maybe for the Coop but that is on a whole different level. Parking was awful and the place is always packed (whenever I have gone). Just saying....

Old 01-26-2013, 09:46 AM

For a business, being too busy and dealing with congestion are good problems to have.

Old 01-26-2013, 07:33 PM

247 posts, read 525,885 times
The other two Trader Joe's I have been to are about the same size, it's not a huge store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area