Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2013, 05:45 AM

65 posts, read 204,770 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am new to the area and heard about the Capital District Garden & Flower Show at the Hudson Valley Community College. Had anyone been in previous years? Is it any good?

With the winter prolonging, it seems it would be nice to get a hint of spring.

Cooks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2013, 11:05 AM

263 posts, read 626,180 times
Its fantastic, and a great day, well worth a visit.

Old 03-15-2013, 11:19 AM

Great! thanks, already purchased tickets, looking forward to it.

I am also going to the Auto Show this weekend at the Times Union Center. I am used to the Auto Show in Detroit, I realize that this one will be much smaller, but in the market for a new car, so thought would check it out.

Old 03-16-2013, 08:23 AM

334 posts, read 851,943 times
I've never been to either auto show, but my brother flies in from Boston to the Detroit show just for the fun of it (he's not in the auto industry), so I'm sure the Albany show will seem tiny to you!

Old 03-16-2013, 04:26 PM

Well I just came back from the show, and it wasnt bad as I had expected. It was pretty good with a great selection of cars, except for Lexus being missing, all the major cars were there. I also got to see Times Union Center from inside, it seems nice.

I bought tickets for the Ringling Bros Circus in May, so I also got to check out the seat location for that too. It seems like every seat in the center has a good view. Next on the list is to see Procotors, the egg and palace theater from the inside.

Old 03-16-2013, 04:30 PM

Forgot to mention, we had lunch at the Dallas Hot Weiners outside the times union center, nice place. The food was a little unhealthy for my taste, but was craving for a cheesburger so I caved in! The fries were great too!.

We didnt stay for the St. Pattis day parade, but there seemed to be a lot of activity in downtown for the parade, everyone dressed up and in costumes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area