Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2013, 12:06 PM

6 posts, read 20,185 times

Advertisements

I need help deciding on which apartment complex in the Niskayuna school district would be best.
I'm looking for a 2 bedroom and I've done some research on Hillcrest Village, Van Antwerp and currently looking into Willowbrook.

If anyone has any experience with any of these complexes (both positive and negative) please tell me all you know!

So far, Hillcrest is the only one that allows dogs but it's only 1 bedroom.

Does anyone know about the quality of the apartments and the friendliness of the staff at any of these places? What about community safety? Best choice for someone with elementary school child?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2013, 12:49 PM

247 posts, read 525,443 times
I live near Van Antwerp Village, and sometimes walk through it to access the stores on Nott St. The place is clean and quiet, and I've never heard of any crime problems or disturbances from the place. It's a nice neighborhood.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:48 AM

65 posts, read 204,575 times
I had an additional question in terms of Niskayuna. I have heard that one part of Niskayuna is nice (town feel to it) and the other part is not so nice (near schenectady?). Which are these bad areas? Is it near the Niskayuna recreation complex, River Rd, the public library or on the other side of the river of more south of the river?

Old 04-11-2013, 01:36 PM

There really are no "bad" ares of Niskayuna, though the some of the town parts (old Niskayuna) border some sketchy areas, like State St. and Van Vranken. River Rd. (into Rosendale Rd.) is a nicer area with more expensive houses. The other side of the river is Rexford, not Niskayuna.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:39 PM

93,094 posts, read 123,681,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantweed View Post
There really are no "bad" ares of Niskayuna, though the some of the town parts (old Niskayuna) border some sketchy areas, like State St. and Van Vranken. River Rd. (into Rosendale Rd.) is a nicer area with more expensive houses. The other side of the river is Rexford, not Niskayuna.
Has it gotten worse in recent years?

Old 04-11-2013, 02:06 PM

Yeah. Poverty and crime and crept over from Hamilton Hill into areas like McClellan and Eastern Ave (and even parts of Union St.).

Old 10-03-2013, 05:41 PM

7 posts, read 12,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by overcome1981 View Post
I need help deciding on which apartment complex in the Niskayuna school district would be best.
I'm looking for a 2 bedroom and I've done some research on Hillcrest Village, Van Antwerp and currently looking into Willowbrook.

If anyone has any experience with any of these complexes (both positive and negative) please tell me all you know!

So far, Hillcrest is the only one that allows dogs but it's only 1 bedroom.

Does anyone know about the quality of the apartments and the friendliness of the staff at any of these places? What about community safety? Best choice for someone with elementary school child?
Hi, We are considering moving to Niskayuna too. Which apartments did you end up choosing? Can you share your experience on that? Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area