Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 09:47 PM

27 posts, read 49,755 times

Advertisements

Good evening
I might be offered a job in Saratoga Springs and I am seeking information about the area. Alittle about myself, I ATV ride/motocross, snowboard, hunt,hike, offroad, single,keep fit,and 25. I am really not a city type person but would not mind being to far from it, just looking to eventually purchase a house on acres down the road. I realize there are alot of threads on this topic, but I wanted input if I would have a hard time meeting new people with similar interests as me. I am conservative and have nothing against liberals, just trying to avoid big time tree huggers, I'm surrounded by them here in Weschester County. More Snow, and freezing temperatures are not an issue with me. I guess I'm just more concerned with the people in the area, and the way of life. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2014, 06:11 AM

506 posts, read 1,025,818 times
Any of the towns surrounding Saratoga Springs would probably work for you. Wilton, Northumberland, Saratoga, Stillwater, Malta, Ballston, Milton or Greenfield. Malta has been growing steadily lately and probably has the least options for homes with acreage at a reasonable price of the ones I listed.

Old 12-30-2014, 06:20 AM

Thank you for the help exupstateny, I will look into them

Old 12-30-2014, 04:03 PM

44 posts, read 77,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jramos89 View Post
Good evening
... A little about myself, I ATV ride/motocross, snowboard, hunt,hike, offroad, single,keep fit,and 25.

.... I am conservative and have nothing against liberals, just trying to avoid big time tree huggers, I'm surrounded by them here in Weschester County. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

I'll never, for the life of me, be able to comprehend WHY conservatives hate the environmentalists with such a passion? Yes, Faux Noise is mostly at fault, but it's a FACT that the EPA was started by a REPUBLICAN! Or do you not realize this as you're only 25?

So, you might want to thank those big time tree hugger's for keeping the outdoor places you're so frequently active in CLEAN & AVAILABLE for you and all? Or would you rather be riding your ATV around on brownfield's, eating contaminated animals you hunt/kill, drinking dirty water, breathing polluted air, etc.? Pretty sure you get the point!?

/rant

Old 12-30-2014, 05:08 PM

Maybe you should reread what I wrote, but in case you missed it I'll say it again I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST LIBERALS. I guess you missed that part, I appreciate what they do, and see your point. But when I'm constantly being heckled by them for hunting, or just going for a cruse with my ATV it gets anoying. Hell I constantly get nagged for driving a truck come the hell on! I'm a big time outdoor person, and respect the environment. But when it comes to a few of the things I mentioned earlier, plus guns it's the liberals who immediately jump down our throats that it's bad and they should be banned etc etc. Sure there are some bad seeds that ruin it for all of us, but I think some people need to chill the hell out, and try some of the things I listed above. Hell they might like it and wonder why they were so against it to begin with.

Old 12-31-2014, 09:07 AM

Well the last post didn't get me anywhere, can anybody else help me out? Any towns that weren't listed earlier? I don't mind driving 30 mins, just looking for that friendly small town atmosphere

Old 12-31-2014, 11:20 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,977,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jramos89 View Post
Good evening
I might be offered a job in Saratoga Springs and I am seeking information about the area. Alittle about myself, I ATV ride/motocross, snowboard, hunt,hike, offroad, single,keep fit,and 25. I am really not a city type person but would not mind being to far from it, just looking to eventually purchase a house on acres down the road. I realize there are alot of threads on this topic, but I wanted input if I would have a hard time meeting new people with similar interests as me. I am conservative and have nothing against liberals, just trying to avoid big time tree huggers, I'm surrounded by them here in Weschester County. More Snow, and freezing temperatures are not an issue with me. I guess I'm just more concerned with the people in the area, and the way of life. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
Toga and the surrounding towns are awesome and up north to Lake George is great. Go further south than Malta / Half Moon; not so awesome.

We loved living off Broadway and walking to everything. Spac in the summer along with Track season is a good time. If I had my choice I'd stay close to Toga and rent in Milton, Wilton, or Ballston Spa (furthest south).

Good luck!

Old 12-31-2014, 12:27 PM

93,328 posts, read 123,972,828 times
OP, perhaps you could look a little north into Warren County. I'm thinking that a town like Warrensburg may work.

Old 01-01-2015, 06:28 PM

I will look into it, thank you guys

Old 02-18-2015, 09:16 AM

640 posts, read 2,012,603 times
Saratoga has become a virtual 6th boro of NYC. Ironically..many of them live here but still are high wired like they never left the Gotham area. If you want to work in Toga and get away from that area there are some great rural communities around Saratoga. Ballston or Schuylerville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area