U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 10:37 AM

2,697 posts, read 2,940,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Oh ok......So, what was the problem earlier? Just curious.....

To the OP, are you open to a private Pre-K?
No problem, just wondering what your personal experience is in these towns? You were recommending towns that seem dumpy and have no experience living there. I just wonder why you do that?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2015, 11:11 AM

63,253 posts, read 88,759,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageSunlight View Post
No problem, just wondering what your personal experience is in these towns? You were recommending towns that seem dumpy and have no experience living there. I just wonder why you do that?
I was just stating which communities had Pre-K, which is something that the OP actually mentioned. I wouldn't call the South Colonie or Ravena areas "dumpy". With the others, yes, they are more blue collar. That may or may not be an issue, as those communities also have character and fit the aspect of being able to walk to a Downtown. Cohoes is actually going through a bit of a revitalization as well, with the opening of its Music Hall and new apartments in recent years. So, that could appeal to the OP.

Do you have experience living in any of them? Why suggest an area without Pre-K or a Downtown to walk to?

Old 06-05-2015, 12:09 PM

Quote:
I was just stating which communities had Pre-K, which is something that the OP actually mentioned. I wouldn't call the South Colonie or Ravena areas "dumpy". With the others, yes, they are more blue collar. That may or may not be an issue, as those communities also have character and fit the aspect of being able to walk to a Downtown. Cohoes is actually going through a bit of a revitalization as well, with the opening of its Music Hall and new apartments in recent years. So, that could appeal to the OP.

Do you have experience living in any of them? Why suggest an area without Pre-K or a Downtown to walk to?
I lived in Queensbury for about 6 months, and I was in those areas weekly. You say blue collar, which is fine, but I think its just a nice way to say dumpy. Maybe they have improved, but about 5 years ago, they were pretty slummy.

To be 100% fair though, I have heard a lot of people recently in the NYC metro talk about moving to the Capital Region. I'm also noticing a lot more activity on this board in recent weeks. I think DeBlasio's NYC is starting to change, gun violence is sky-high right now, and I'm hearing tons and tons of people looking to move.

75% are looking to move South, I'd venture to say. But some will never, ever leave NY for southern states. They still think its Jethro and Jim Bob running things- perhaps in some places it is. So, I think the Cap Region is the next logical place to live with city amenities.

Old 06-05-2015, 12:21 PM

Quote:
I lived in Queensbury for about 6 months, and I was in those areas weekly. You say blue collar, which is fine, but I think its just a nice way to say dumpy. Maybe they have improved, but about 5 years ago, they were pretty slummy.

To be 100% fair though, I have heard a lot of people recently in the NYC metro talk about moving to the Capital Region. I'm also noticing a lot more activity on this board in recent weeks. I think DeBlasio's NYC is starting to change, gun violence is sky-high right now, and I'm hearing tons and tons of people looking to move.

75% are looking to move South, I'd venture to say. But some will never, ever leave NY for southern states. They still think its Jethro and Jim Bob running things- perhaps in some places it is. So, I think the Cap Region is the next logical place to live with city amenities.
Sure, but this doesn't help the OP at all.

OP, here is some information about Cohoes, as there seems to be a push to attract some people while it going through a degree of revitalization: Cohoes Music Hall | C-R Productions | Cohoes Music Hall | C-R Productions | Cohoes, NY

Albany Apartments for Rent | Pet Friendly, Corporate Rentals, Upscale Amenities

Cohoes, NY Directory | Tourist Attractions | Shopping | Dining | Entertainment | Albany | Cohoes | New York | NY

Downtown Cohoes is on the rise - Times Union

Old 06-05-2015, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Sure, but this doesn't help the OP at all.

OP, here is some information about Cohoes, as there seems to be a push to attract some people while it going through a degree of revitalization: Cohoes Music Hall | C-R Productions | Cohoes Music Hall | C-R Productions | Cohoes, NY

Albany Apartments for Rent | Pet Friendly, Corporate Rentals, Upscale Amenities

Cohoes, NY Directory | Tourist Attractions | Shopping | Dining | Entertainment | Albany | Cohoes | New York | NY
Stop playing games. You asked me a question, and I answered it. Don't be a jerk.

Old 06-05-2015, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Stop playing games. You asked me a question, and I answered it. Don't be a jerk.
You answered one question and I was referring to the rest of the post. Again, assuming things......

Old 06-05-2015, 12:34 PM

Quote:
You answered one question and I was referring to the rest of the post. Again, assuming things......
I elaborated, sir, to explain myself. Its ok. The OP will be fine.

Old 06-05-2015, 12:39 PM

Quote:
I elaborated, sir, to explain myself. Its ok. The OP will be fine.
So will you.

Back to the topic, what would you suggest besides Clifton Park?

Old 06-05-2015, 12:42 PM

Quote:
So will you.

Back to the topic, what would you suggest besides Clifton Park?
I have no idea. Whatever I say will be met with reasons why not. It doesn't matter.

You take this one and run with it.

Old 06-05-2015, 12:45 PM

Quote:
I have no idea. Whatever I say will be met with reasons why not. It doesn't matter.

You take this one and run with it.
I'm trying to get back to the thread instead entertaining your personal vendetta or whatever it is with me.

So, can we try this again and help the OP?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area