Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2016, 08:55 AM

12 posts, read 15,832 times

Advertisements

I haven't heard anybody (coworkers, associates) talk about this area in my house search. I recently went there to visit a church and it was very quiet, had a lot of closed down businesses...kind of spooky looking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2016, 10:56 AM

93,128 posts, read 123,754,884 times
Interesting, as it has a pretty good and diverse K-8 school(district) that allows kids to go to Shaker or Watervliet for high school. I believe parts of the village are completely within the North Colonie SD.

Some areas look newer than others as well.

Old 02-01-2016, 12:46 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,790,721 times
There are some very pricey neighborhoods off 378 as you go up the hill. Other than that it's lower middle class at best.

Old 02-01-2016, 01:25 PM

93,128 posts, read 123,754,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
There are some very pricey neighborhoods off 378 as you go up the hill. Other than that it's lower middle class at best.
Just as a frame of reference, the median household income for the village is about $600 higher than the median household income for the metro($62,486 for Menands and $61,841 for the metro, 2010-2014 census info).

Old 02-19-2016, 10:07 AM

15 posts, read 17,110 times
Menands is a very sketchy area. I drive by there every day to work...

Like most of the worst of the Albany, Schenectady and Troy areas I find it really sad that you have all this beautiful old architecture rotting away.

If you go further into the neighborhoods in menands they look to be like it's already been stated lower middle class-like. Broadway is sketchy and there's really not a lot that happens there. As far as I know there's just an old run down price chopper, a deli, a couple sketchy used car businesses and some chinese food.

Old 09-04-2016, 10:20 AM

3 posts, read 4,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astracat111 View Post
Menands is a very sketchy area. I drive by there every day to work...

Like most of the worst of the Albany, Schenectady and Troy areas I find it really sad that you have all this beautiful old architecture rotting away.

If you go further into the neighborhoods in menands they look to be like it's already been stated lower middle class-like. Broadway is sketchy and there's really not a lot that happens there. As far as I know there's just an old run down price chopper, a deli, a couple sketchy used car businesses and some chinese food.

How so? please tell me more! I get what you mean that the area is very sketchy! sure there are many respected good hardworking families,but that area gives me the creeps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area