U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-06-2017, 08:14 AM
 
30 posts, read 33,743 times
Reputation: 26

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Why not call CDTA directly versus posting this on the forum?
Because I want the public to know how bad the CDTA #50 bus and I want to expose CDTA for what they are.

Does anyone remember the sidewalk ban in Saratoga because of panhandlers, you get fined for sitting on the Saratoga sidewalks. All these Saratoga panhandlers come up from Schenectady on the #50 bus to Saratoga, endangering our safety.

Saratoga Springs bans sidewalk sitting - Times Union

Saratoga Springs enacts ban on sidewalk-sitting
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-06-2017, 08:20 AM
 
65,900 posts, read 91,781,088 times
Reputation: 14441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pineapple View Post
Because I want the public to know how bad the CDTA #50 bus and I want to expose CDTA for what they are.

Does anyone remember the sidewalk ban in Saratoga because of panhandlers, you get fined for sitting on the Saratoga sidewalks. All these Saratoga panhandlers come up from Schenectady on the #50 bus to Saratoga, endangering our safety.

Saratoga Springs bans sidewalk sitting - Times Union

Saratoga Springs enacts ban on sidewalk-sitting
Just curious, but the articles do not mention people from Schenectady coming to Saratoga Springs.

Also, is there a News segment at any of the local TV stations that could investigate to see if this is the case? That could be another way to let the public know, if this is actually occurring.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2017, 10:29 AM
 
30 posts, read 33,743 times
Reputation: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Just curious, but the articles do not mention people from Schenectady coming to Saratoga Springs.

Also, is there a News segment at any of the local TV stations that could investigate to see if this is the case? That could be another way to let the public know, if this is actually occurring.
No it is not listed in the news articles, there are no news articles that mention this, it is something I have observed personally. I am not the only one, other people have observed it as well. It is not just Saratoga, the Route 50 corridor through Ballston Spa, Burnt Hills, Glenville is like that too.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2017, 11:25 AM
 
65,900 posts, read 91,781,088 times
Reputation: 14441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pineapple View Post
No it is not listed in the news articles, there are no news articles that mention this, it is something I have observed personally. I am not the only one, other people have observed it as well. It is not just Saratoga, the Route 50 corridor through Ballston Spa, Burnt Hills, Glenville is like that too.
Interesting...Do they go just to Saratoga Springs or do said folks go to these other places as well? How do they identify themselves in terms of what you’ve mentioned?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2017, 01:03 PM
 
30 posts, read 33,743 times
Reputation: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Interesting...Do they go just to Saratoga Springs or do said folks go to these other places as well? How do they identify themselves in terms of what you’ve mentioned?
No some of these people come from Albany and take the #905 bus up Central Ave to Schenectady, then take the #50 bus from Schenectady to Saratoga...others come from Schenectady and just ride to Saratoga.

Nobody identifies themselves, but if you observe the bus stop at and across from Congress Park, you will see all the drunks and hobos getting on and off the #50 bus. If you observe Liberty Park near Greyhound across from Schenectady County Community College, you will see all these people waiting for the #50 bus, then board the #50 bus. There was a news article a few years ago about a woman who died from a cocaine overdose from Saratoga who travled to Schenectady to get the drugs...the video tape on the bus was used as evidence to prosecute the guy whom she bought the drugs from, the video showed them going on the #50 down to Schenectady to buy the cannibus, then returning to Saratoga with the drugs.

And if you have the unfortunate circumstances of not owning a car and have to ride CDTA, you will observe first hand (before I had a car, I used to have to ride the CDTA buses. Now that I have a car, I will never ride the buses again. I still have nightmares about the bus).
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2017, 05:09 PM
 
30 posts, read 33,743 times
Reputation: 26
Check out this link..the guy today was sentenced to 10 years in prison for supplying heroin to this woman whom he traveled with on the Route 50 bus from Schenectady to Saratoga to buy the heroin, then died from an overdose...

https://dailygazette.com/article/201...-overdose-case

"CDTA surveillance video was used in the case.

Investigators obtained footage from Oct. 2, 2014, the night before Scheidt died, that showed her and Charo boarding a bus in Saratoga Springs at 6:02 p.m. Additional footage showed them getting off the bus in Schenectady at 7:08 p.m., according to court documents.

Scheidt then boarded a bus back to Saratoga Springs at 8:14 p.m. and arrived at her residence at about 9:45 p.m."

See what kind of scum ride the Route 50 bus
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2017, 05:28 PM
 
65,900 posts, read 91,781,088 times
Reputation: 14441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pineapple View Post
Check out this link..the guy today was sentenced to 10 years in prison for supplying heroin to this woman whom he traveled with on the Route 50 bus from Schenectady to Saratoga to buy the heroin, then died from an overdose...

https://dailygazette.com/article/201...-overdose-case

"CDTA surveillance video was used in the case.

Investigators obtained footage from Oct. 2, 2014, the night before Scheidt died, that showed her and Charo boarding a bus in Saratoga Springs at 6:02 p.m. Additional footage showed them getting off the bus in Schenectady at 7:08 p.m., according to court documents.

Scheidt then boarded a bus back to Saratoga Springs at 8:14 p.m. and arrived at her residence at about 9:45 p.m."

See what kind of scum ride the Route 50 bus
Are there any other similar incidents connected to that bus route?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2017, 07:17 PM
 
30 posts, read 33,743 times
Reputation: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Are there any other similar incidents connected to that bus route?
None reported on the news..just the clientele that rides that bus line shows it all..If you ever had to ride that bus, you would see what kind of people ride that bus...Drive along Rt. 50 and you see all the ghetto people waiting for the bus or at the bus stop across from Congress Park boarding the #50 bus for Schenectady
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2017, 08:19 AM
 
65,900 posts, read 91,781,088 times
Reputation: 14441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pineapple View Post
None reported on the news..just the clientele that rides that bus line shows it all..If you ever had to ride that bus, you would see what kind of people ride that bus...Drive along Rt. 50 and you see all the ghetto people waiting for the bus or at the bus stop across from Congress Park boarding the #50 bus for Schenectady
Interesting...So, are these people that work in Saratoga Springs or are they just random people going back and forth between the 2 cities? It seems a bit odd to just go back and forth between the cities without any real purpose. I wondered if said folks are people that work in the tourism/hospitality industry in Saratoga springs, as the city has had a history of having seasonal workers go there during the peak season.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2018, 02:21 PM
 
30 posts, read 33,743 times
Reputation: 26
To update this thread.

I refuse to ride CDTA buses because of the unruly passengers. All of these black and puerto-rican guys start fights if you stand too close to them. Like they say get your bag out of my face. I respond by threatening them back and saying want a peice of me. I am a clean white guy and would gladly punch out any tough gang member. I would love to beat them up and put them in their place. That is why I refuse to ride CDTA. When somebody tells me off, I respond with retaliation.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top