Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 12:53 PM

373 posts, read 348,439 times

Advertisements

I’ve lived in the Colonie area all my life ; many summer days and nights enjoyed in Saratoga I love the area and what it has to offer .

I love the walkable shops and restaurants , local fresh stuff . The nightlife , the spa park , the track in the summer .

I also know Saratoga is expensive . Where could I look for a 1-2 bedroom apartment as close to downtown in a 1000-1300 budget . Seems everything newer and nice is in the 1500-2000 range
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2018, 06:02 PM

640 posts, read 2,011,682 times
You can find a 1BR for about 800-900 but its not easy and its a 5 minute walk to downtown.

Old 02-18-2018, 06:35 PM

93,192 posts, read 123,783,345 times
This may help: https://www.apartmentfinder.com/New-...ngs-Apartments

Old 02-19-2018, 10:23 AM

1,541 posts, read 1,675,137 times
Have you considered renting a room? Easy way to put yourself in some very desirable locations, even in Saratoga with your budget.

Old 02-19-2018, 10:36 AM

334 posts, read 188,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstateman92 View Post
I’ve lived in the Colonie area all my life ; many summer days and nights enjoyed in Saratoga I love the area and what it has to offer .

I love the walkable shops and restaurants , local fresh stuff . The nightlife , the spa park , the track in the summer .

I also know Saratoga is expensive . Where could I look for a 1-2 bedroom apartment as close to downtown in a 1000-1300 budget . Seems everything newer and nice is in the 1500-2000 range
You can definitely find something within your budget. When I lived in Saratoga I paid $900 a month (not including heat and other amenities) for a 3 bedroom apartment, two floors, my own washer and dryer, 5 minutes from Broadway.
A few tips:
  • The west side is cheaper than the east side. The east side is a bit more posh the west side a bit more artsy.
  • Try to get a place with a washer and dryer or you'll be running to the laundromat during the cold winters.
  • Don't be fooled by the apartment photos you see. The ones that look fabulous will sometime have chipped walls, uneven floors, etc.... Many times the expensive price does not match what you get. For some reason, the people in Saratoga think they have New York City real estate..LOL

Good Luck

Old 02-19-2018, 12:34 PM

1,541 posts, read 1,675,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Propop View Post
You can definitely find something within your budget. When I lived in Saratoga I paid $900 a month (not including heat and other amenities) for a 3 bedroom apartment, two floors, my own washer and dryer, 5 minutes from Broadway.
A few tips:
  • The west side is cheaper than the east side. The east side is a bit more posh the west side a bit more artsy.
  • Try to get a place with a washer and dryer or you'll be running to the laundromat during the cold winters.
  • Don't be fooled by the apartment photos you see. The ones that look fabulous will sometime have chipped walls, uneven floors, etc.... Many times the expensive price does not match what you get. For some reason, the people in Saratoga think they have New York City real estate..LOL

Good Luck
$900 for a 3 bed? How long ago was this?

Old 02-19-2018, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propop View Post
A few tips:

Good Luck
Are you referring to this area?: https://saratogaartdistrict.com

Vintage Beekman Street Fest | SaratogaArtsFest

Old 02-20-2018, 05:36 PM

Does anyone have any info on the blue Herron trail apartments in Ballston Spa ?

It has two bedrooms for 800 still being built idk if that is a typo or not ? Doesn’t seem to have an office set up yet ;as nobody as returned my calls

Old 02-21-2018, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstateman92 View Post
Does anyone have any info on the blue Herron trail apartments in Ballston Spa ?

It has two bedrooms for 800 still being built idk if that is a typo or not ? Doesn’t seem to have an office set up yet ;as nobody as returned my calls
Have you been able to contact anyone from the complex? It looks pretty nice: Blue Heron Trail - Conifer Realty LLC

Old 02-22-2018, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Have you been able to contact anyone from the complex? It looks pretty nice: Blue Heron Trail - Conifer Realty LLC

It does , that’s why I was concerned because all the other new communities that look like that one that are in Malta , Rotterdam , etc are 1200-1400+ so 800 for a 2 bedroom is shockingly low .

But to answer the question no I have not been in contact with anyone . How does someone even reserve an apartment if you can’t get ahold of them . I was going to drive up there but I figured if it’s still being built they don’t have a leasing office yet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area