Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2008, 10:34 PM

25 posts, read 205,412 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I've searched within past threads but can't seem to find this info --

Could anyone offer insight into rental prices for a 1-2 BR apartment or house in the Saratoga Springs area? I'm considering a job there but not sure I can afford renting in the city itself; what nearby towns would you recommend for rentals? Also, is it easy to find a dog-friendly apartment?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2008, 02:44 PM

9,300 posts, read 16,605,938 times
You should check the classifieds in timesunion.com newspaper.
Towns nearby are Wilton, Gansevoort, Queensbury, Schuylerville.

Old 03-25-2008, 08:58 PM

39 posts, read 203,937 times
If you want a short drive, I'd focus on Wilton and Ballston Spa.

Old 04-04-2008, 09:56 AM

5 posts, read 23,751 times
My sister and her husband paid $650 for their 450sq ft. apartment within walking distance of downtown Saratoga. We have other friends that pay $900 a month for an 850sq ft 2 bedroom apartment within walking distance of downtown. The rent is definitely steep and most places do not include utilities. It is worth paying the higher prices if being within walking distance of a great downtown. Wilton is also a pretty expensive place to live. I do not know of many people that rent out there, I only know of expensive houses. If being close to downtown is not important to you, check out Ballston Spa or Malta, even Schulyerville. If you do not mind driving 20 min you can always look at Round Lake, Corinth, or South Glens Falls. You cannot go wrong with any of these towns. The entire area is awesome. Just stay away from the Troy area, there is a lot of crime.
Good luck!

Old 07-05-2008, 10:47 PM

7 posts, read 17,343 times
I grew up about 5 minutes from Saratoga and to be honest, a matter of a mile or two could save HUNDREDS in rent. I currently live in a "luxury" apartment approximately 4 minutes from Saratoga in Malta and we pay $1200 per month. Its a 2 bed/2 bath and it does allow pets. Malta is AMAZING! I cant say enough about the town. You can also consider Ballston Spa, Gansevoort, Wilton, Schuylerville, or even the South Glens Falls area (thats where I grew up). Happy hunting!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area