Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2018, 06:14 AM

1 posts, read 376 times

Advertisements

I listed my house for sale through an agent who produced me a potential buyer . The buyer was so interested she verbally offered a sale price the same night; we negotiated through my agent and verbally agreed on a sale price over the phone. The potential buyer has not placed a deposit or signed an offer agreement after a week. She has no agent of her own, and is waiting for her (ex)/ husband to give her money for the DEPOSIT.

Furthermore, I received a letter in my mailbox ( mortgage info from Quicken loan) addressed to the potential buyer, using MY address this week. I felt like she already thinks she owns the house and is her getting mail here- which really bothered me, even if it was just a mistake. She also asked if she could bring her son to see the house and decide what furniture they might want. She hasn't even made a written offer!
Apparently when she saw the house, she either wasn't pre-qualified for the sale price, or was not for the verbally agreed upon price which was lower- she had to go back and get another pre-qualification after she made the verbal offer. The lender is not from a bank but from a mortgage company.

I feel this situation is a bit too fishy to continue. Frankly I think she is waiting for a divorce settlement someday and also wants this house. I am also uncomfortable with her going through my real estate agent- I am paying my agent to represent me not both of us.

Since nothing has been signed, can I just walk away from the verbal agreement? How long do have to wait for a written offer/deposit before saying FORGET it? It is hard making moving plans or buying another place under these uncertain circumstances. Thank you for assisting me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2018, 06:31 AM

93,401 posts, read 124,052,832 times
I would ask this on the real estate forum on here as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
View detailed profiles of: