Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2019, 03:44 PM

7,670 posts, read 14,245,563 times

Advertisements

I assume CP belongs under Albany? I'll be in town one night next week and would like to find a good restaurant to enjoy. I'll be by myself, I know, awe. I love hot wings, pizza good burgers and so on. Maybe even a good steak. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2019, 07:28 PM

93,388 posts, read 124,009,048 times
I’m surprised no one has offered anything up, but this can give you something to run with: https://www.cliftonpark.com/restaurants/all/

Old 09-07-2019, 01:59 PM

Thank you.

Old 09-08-2019, 03:30 PM

1,541 posts, read 1,678,368 times
I'm assuming you have a car or don't mind getting an Uber? Good thing about CP is it's pretty much right in the middle of Saratoga and Albany. Not so good thing about CP is most of the restaurants are chains. A few places that come to mind:

Fred the Butcher in Clifton Park off Route 9 - Fantastic subs.

Rusty Nail - Also off Route 9 in the other direction. I've only been here once a loooooong time ago but locals seem to love their chicken wings.

Caputo's Pizza - You guessed it, right off Route 9. I am in the minority of people who don't prefer their pizza. Most people love it. It's not that it's bad, just isn't the best in my opinion.

If you're willing to travel a bit further:

Dizzy Chicken in Saratoga - Super awesome food that most locals only know about it seems.

The Local in Saratoga - Great place to grab a drink and the food isn't bad either. Also a local favorite, hence the name lol.

El Mexicano in Saratoga - Authentic Mexican food. Always a friendly staff and inviting atmosphere.

Cantina in Saratoga - Another Mexican joint but it's like an Americanized Mexican joint I guess would be the right way to say it? The food is FANTASTIC. Definitely worth stopping by.

Old 09-08-2019, 03:32 PM

I read about the Rusty Nail and the wings do look good. That might be my destination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
View detailed profiles of: