Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2008, 02:46 PM

2 posts, read 5,632 times

Advertisements

Hello, everyone. So I've read a lot of posts on the topic but I'm hoping to get some replies specific to my situation. The people who post replies seem to be really good at addressing an individual's posters needs. So, here's my story:
I moved to Albany last August with no prior knowledge of living in the state, let alone the specific region. Now, I hate my pricey Madison Ave. apt., the drunk college kids, the homeless people, etc. Anyway, my lease runs out in July and my husband and I want to move to a less expensive place in a quiet neighborhood no more than 30 minutes away from SUNY, Albany. I'm a grad student there. Right now we're paying $850/ mo. for rent plus heat. Anyone know where we can go to pay lower rent and have a peaceful neighborhood? Also, if you know how to find the available rentals in those areas please let me know. When I go online, all I see are listings for the larger areas like Albany, Schenectady, Troy. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2008, 04:17 PM

44 posts, read 177,993 times
try village one apartments on 587 broadway , hudson river is 1/4 mile walk and great location close to albany and quiet

Old 05-02-2008, 08:11 PM

2 posts, read 5,632 times
Thanks for the recommendation, but when I looked up reviews of Village One through Google, there were 17 reviews posted, of which 9 were very negative. It looks like the place has simply gone downhill, as there were very positive reviews from 2002 and 2003, but very negative reviews posting just this year. Also, my husband doesn't want to live in Albany itself, so we're really looking for any of the areas around the capital city. Thanks:-)

Last edited by snarkhunter; 05-02-2008 at 08:56 PM.. Reason: forgot detail

Old 05-02-2008, 10:26 PM

44 posts, read 177,993 times
Or Try Latham Village Lane apartments . It is in a posh area with north colonie school district , quiet , peaceful . Next to the Latham Traffic Circle . All big retail shops are nearby so you won't have to go far for shopping . I used to live in Village One and yes the management was not very helpful . There is a cheap motel nearby and there were several break ins but I thought they were isolated . Left anyways... miss the hudson river. Go for Latham village it is one of the BEST. Crime is non existent

p:s - rent is high , rooms are spacious , big windows bring lots of light in , negatives are neighbourhood noise and if you stay on ground level then walking sounds on roof could be heard , i guess the insulation is old , they do get VERY cold in winter...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area