Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 09:35 AM

59 posts, read 145,847 times

Advertisements

Arrest made in Albany's first homicide of the year - Albany
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2013, 11:52 AM

255 posts, read 488,299 times
Man, I've lived in downtown (center square) for 5 years and I've never been mugged, let alone beaten to death, raped, murdered etc.

What the hell am I doing wrong???

Old 05-24-2013, 01:28 PM

59 posts, read 145,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hock41 View Post
Man, I've lived in downtown (center square) for 5 years and I've never been mugged, let alone beaten to death, raped, murdered etc.

You are doing nothing wrong, It is very rare to be mugged beaten to death raped, or murdered. I am just gathering all of the stats that happened this year. Probably Mugging is the most common out of the examples you just said, My grandmother is 92 and lives on washington have, has lived there her whole life and has been mugged 3 times and been beaten on one of them. Probably because she is A woman and walks down Washington alone lol but really you should be fine.

Old 05-25-2013, 10:59 AM

88,605 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:

You must look as though you don't have any money!

Old 05-26-2013, 07:03 AM

255 posts, read 488,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
You must look as though you don't have any money!

Hmmm that can't be it....seeing as how I walk to work in a suit....

Old 06-07-2013, 06:46 AM

5 posts, read 9,726 times
I seen replies that not negative. People tell Albany , ny is a bad place probably is a affordable to live that crazy ..,and its the capital.

Old 06-07-2013, 07:05 PM

88,605 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Hmmm that can't be it....seeing as how I walk to work in a suit....
Just kidding. My daughter lives in Albany. I like it there and have never felt unsafe. I also had to go up for a few days last fall for business, and I enjoyed walking around downtown. Some beautiful architecture.

Old 06-04-2016, 01:58 AM

1 posts, read 1,264 times
Default Uh...did u mean to be this racist?

Hey, JMADISON...your post exudes racism...did you understand that?

Race has little or nothing to do with crime. South Boston in 1980s and 1990s had a lot of murders, extortion, bank robberies, etc and it was majority white. Better question is unemployment rate, overall economy, how good the schools are and number of liquor stores.

might want to a rephrase your post

J

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMadison View Post
[LIST][*]White Non-Hispanic (61.1%)[*]Black (28.1%)[*]Hispanic (5.6%)[*]Two or more races (3.0%)[*]Other race (2.2%)[*]Chinese (1.0%)[*]American Indian (1.0%)[*]Asian Indian (0.8%)[/LIST]
You figure it out.

Old 06-08-2016, 05:27 PM

10 posts, read 10,640 times
I wouldn't recommend it. To close in proximity to the trash of Albany. Lark Street? have you seen the characters that roam Lark street? sure you have your business men/women and other working men and women.
But it has plenty of trash. In trash I mean Arbor Hill. Has nothing to do with race, I am sick of people trying to sugarcoat everything and restrict our freedom to tell the truth.
I do not want to be anywhere near this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmqZvffyHkw

Old 06-08-2016, 07:39 PM

93,412 posts, read 124,052,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liptontea View Post
I wouldn't recommend it. To close in proximity to the trash of Albany. Lark Street? have you seen the characters that roam Lark street? sure you have your business men/women and other working men and women.
But it has plenty of trash. In trash I mean Arbor Hill. Has nothing to do with race, I am sick of people trying to sugarcoat everything and restrict our freedom to tell the truth.
I do not want to be anywhere near this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmqZvffyHkw
Lark Street is a long street that varies by neighborhood. I'm not sure if that is even on Lark, but Center Square is the neighborhood and part of Lark Street that people refer to in regards to nightlife. That I would suggest and the area from Delaware Avenue to the (south)west is fine within the city of Albany.

More on the Center Square neighborhood and Lark Street: Historic Center Square Neighborhood - Albany, NY

https://larkstreetbid.org

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lark_Street

1st Friday Albany

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 06-08-2016 at 07:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area