Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2008, 12:10 PM

1 posts, read 3,438 times

Advertisements

I'm looking to move up to the Saratoga Springs area and will be looking for a Special Education teaching job. I've been looking at the job openings, and have not found many openings. I am currently working with children with severe to moderate disabilities. Does anybody know what the teaching job market is like serving the severe to moderate disabilities population. Is there a great need? What school districts have a high need for those kind of teachers? Is commuting to Albany my only option? If so, is the commute troublesome?
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2008, 05:23 PM

1 posts, read 3,366 times
Smile Room To Rent

Hi,

I have a room to rent, 16 miles North of Saratoga Springs.

See my ad abertr

Old 11-16-2008, 08:44 PM

9 posts, read 39,664 times
Default special ed job - still looking?

I just saw an ad for a special ed teacher in the Saratogain are you still looking?

Old 11-24-2008, 04:00 PM

2 posts, read 5,087 times
Default teaching jobs in the capital region

I'm currently living overseas and planning to move back to my hometown of Saratoga Springs this summer. I've started searching for a job teaching English, preferably middle school. I'm wondering what the best way to look for teaching jobs is---I've been teaching in international schools up until now and have no clue how it works. Should I call districts directly, or stick with the Web? Also, anyone know if there's a chance of being hired from here without the face to face interview?
I hear things are rough--budgets are overspent and they're laying off teachers, not good news in the way of new teaching jobs opening up.
Any teachers out there who can give me some insider information/tips?! Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area