U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 09:39 PM

15 posts, read 64,144 times

Advertisements

Hi , its really hard to find a house rental here in Albany . i have lived here all of my life .The best place to look is the Albany Times Union. Just type that into your search bar its free to look through the houses for rent . The are listed by price, most are what I consider really expensive between $850 for a one bedroom and 1300 for a 2 or 3 bedroom in a nice area.If you get really desperate check the Schenectady Gazette, sometimes they have houses for rent in Albany. Schenectady ins't that far from Albany so you might consider looking there also.There are some Apt complexes you might be interested in and in most heat and hot water is included . I can tell you what areas to stay away from if you are interested let me know. Good Luck !!! We are moving to South Carolina In Sptember .
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2007, 03:38 PM
lrh

2 posts, read 8,466 times
Default House rental

Hi Joysheart,
When is your house available for rent and how much is the rent? My fiance just got a job in Albany (we live in Rochester) and we are looking for a house to rent. We have a large dog, so I know not to bother looking at apt. complexes. I have been worried about finding a place, so we don't have to pay 2 rents; the rent he is paying for an efficiency in Albany plus the house we rent now. The dog is over 6 yrs. old, is NOT destructive, is a very sweet and calm dog. Plus, I work from home as a medical transcriptionist, so am around all day.
Thanks! Lynnda

Old 05-28-2007, 03:40 PM
lrh

2 posts, read 8,466 times
Tammy70,
I am looking for a house rental in Albany and do not know the area, so would love to know what areas to stay away from.
Thanks, Lynnda

Old 06-05-2007, 01:22 PM

1 posts, read 4,392 times
Smile Hi

Hi,my name is maria and we are looking for a 3 bedr.apt or house in north colonie school district.....if you have something available....please,contact me....210-8533.....Thank you....have a great day!

Old 04-25-2008, 04:20 PM

1 posts, read 3,946 times
I'm moving June 1, thanks for all the information!

That link to Metroland (even from the Metroland page) provides a list of cities to choose from when you click on rentals, and when I choose Albany it goes back to the same page and shows nothing. What, if anything, am I doing wrong?

Joined Teacup, but the Albany Cafe one said it didn't exist.

Peace ~
Mary

Old 04-24-2012, 07:34 AM

1 posts, read 1,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joysheart View Post
Hi there,

WE HAVE A HOUSE FOR RENT!!!

My husband and I are planning to move to CO. We just purchased our house here in Albany, NY (Latham area) 4 mos ago, and don't want to sell it. We have a 3 bdr, 1 bath brick ranch with walk out basement. We have a dog, so we are pet friendly. Our house is located in the best school district (North Colonie schools) too if you have children that are school aged. If you are still interested in finding a home for rent soon, please send a pm. Thanks again, and I hope to hear from you. My first name is Joy :-) by the way!!!
Yes......I am DEFINITELY interested....I have been searching and searching.......I have all cash on hand for deposits etc.....if still available please contact me at my e-mail buddyboi7@yahoo.com.......Thank you so very much

Old 04-24-2012, 11:33 AM

95 posts, read 174,787 times
I know a house for rent on Birch. It is near Central Ave. If you want I can get the exact address and phone number. I always see the sign. It has available been for rent 2-3 weeks I think. It has a fenced yard.

Old 04-28-2012, 08:17 PM
Status: "Silent observation is not condoning" (set 19 days ago)

1,491 posts, read 1,430,879 times
Call any of the major realtors and ask to speak to an agent in the executive residential leasing division. Some agencies dont have one, but many do. The ones that do usually gear rentals toward a prospective tenant's employer as many will pick up the tab on a two yr lease. With Global Foundries & Nanotech going in, hopefully we will see more of this. That is the route I will entertain as soon as I can move.....wish I could go now - bet my house would meet your needs.

Old 05-19-2012, 02:07 PM

1 posts, read 1,584 times
Default Rent yourhome

I would like to rent your home please contact me through email
[email="anthony.stafford@hotmail.com"]anthony.stafford@hotmail.com[/email]

Old 05-22-2012, 06:42 AM

2 posts, read 23,576 times
Hello:

I may be moving to Albany in July , does anyone know of a apartment or a nice house for rent, It needs to be 3beds 1.5 bath. please send information to my E-mail willyboyinpr@gmail.com.. Thanks William .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area