U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 10:56 AM

135 posts, read 519,386 times

Advertisements

Is there any public beachfront/lakeside on Saratoga Lake? Or, is all the shoreline private?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 04:56 PM

7,488 posts, read 14,813,502 times
Yes, there is a public beach.
Saratoga County Chamber of Commerce:Planner

Old 04-23-2009, 02:21 PM

237 posts, read 997,106 times
I live around the area and I'm not quite sure where the public beach around Saratoga Lake is. I know there's Brown's beach, but that's private I think and they charge a small admission. There's also a Marina on the south side and one on the north side that has boat rentals and a place to launch your boat. I don't know of any public park that actually sits on the shores of Saratoga Lake. I would like to know where the public beach is so I can go visit.

Old 04-24-2009, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigarboo View Post
I live around the area and I'm not quite sure where the public beach around Saratoga Lake is. I know there's Brown's beach, but that's private I think and they charge a small admission. There's also a Marina on the south side and one on the north side that has boat rentals and a place to launch your boat. I don't know of any public park that actually sits on the shores of Saratoga Lake. I would like to know where the public beach is so I can go visit.

http://www.saratoga.com/Waters-of-Sa...atoga-lake.cfm

Brown's Beach

Old 04-27-2009, 10:42 AM

135 posts, read 519,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Yes, there is a public beach.
Saratoga County Chamber of Commerce:Planner
Thanks--where is it located?

Old 04-27-2009, 04:10 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,699,297 times
I used to live in Luther Forest & could ride my bike to Brown's Beach. If memory serves me, it is located just off Route 9P about a mile or so from Routes 9 & 67 (exit 14 off the Northway). For now, Brown's Beach is the only public beach on Saratoga Lake (that I am aware of). Although they are meeting with some well deserved resistance, developers are trying to convert it to a resort with hotel, but I haven't heard anything about that for some time now.

What a shame. Such a pretty lake; just the right size for families with small kids. So unlike the traffic snare along the Lake George south end beaches.
Moreau Lake (about 20-30 minutes farther north of Saratoga Lake) is nice. Smaller, but nice.

Old 12-23-2009, 10:20 PM

6 posts, read 31,608 times
There are no public beaches on Saratoga Lake.Brown's Beach has been closed for several years.Ther was contemplation of building townhouses and condos but has been put on hold.The city of Saratoga Springs has purchased the property that was formerly the Sands Lounge,off Crescent St.They have tentative plans to build a public beach and rec area there.

Old 08-05-2012, 05:17 AM

Default New Saratoga Lakeside Park with public access 2012

Beach Bound: Saratoga Lakeside Park Shoots for Summer Opening

Old 08-09-2012, 01:59 PM

26,589 posts, read 58,412,754 times
I remember going to Browns beach as a kid--there was an amusement park right next door (Kaydeeross?) and you could get a tag on a string that tied to your bathing suit strap or wrist to ride all day and come and go between the park and the beach.

Frankly the beach was more mud than sand and the water was cold and murky, it wasn't a particularly good place to swim. Of course as a 10 year old I loved it, but the older I got the more I realized--ick.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:55 AM

3 posts, read 14,633 times
Kayderos and Browns Beach were in 2 different parts of Saratoga Lake. I'm not sure how old you are so I dont know if you remember that Browns had a couple of rides as well. I remember a ferris wheel and a couple smaller rides. Kayderos was on the other side of the lake and it had rides and an inground pool. I remember the ride the mouse trap that rickety roller coaster but it was a lot of fun there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area