U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 09:20 PM

27 posts, read 43,325 times

Advertisements

My husband will be working in Saratoga Springs and we will be relocating this summer or basically asap... We have 2 young children 2 and 6 and smaller good schools are very important. Can anyone suggest nice areas outside of Saratoga as I feel we will not be able to afford a home much over mid 200's and Saratoga seems to be a bit out of the ballpark for that price range
We do not want to be out in the country either. A neighborhood with young families is more of what we are looking for....
Thank you so much for any information
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2009, 05:20 AM

585 posts, read 2,076,221 times
We just sold our 3br 2 bath house in Ballston Spa for less than 200k. 2 resturants opened up in the last year downtown and a third will open later this year. Schuylerville isn't bad either and there might be some developements in between if you aren't interested living in a village type of setting.

Old 05-19-2009, 07:15 AM

6,351 posts, read 14,177,789 times
Schuylerville school district is very good. There are some nice and reasonable areas outside of Saratoga (Schuylerville, Gansevoort, Northunderland, Quaker Springs) although you mention you don't want to be in the "country." Several homes for sale in the Schuylerville area within your price range, small development off Coveville Rd. about 14 miles from Saratoga.

Old 05-19-2009, 07:51 AM

155 posts, read 801,924 times
I'd look at Ballston Spa.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:51 AM

65,774 posts, read 91,670,437 times
Maybe districts like Stillwater or Corinth would fit too. Here's some good information about school districts in Saratoga County: https://www.nystart.gov/publicweb/County.do?year=2008&county=Saratoga (broken link)

Old 05-19-2009, 10:24 AM

thanks everyone
We are interested in a village or downtown of some sort...?
thx!

Old 05-19-2009, 07:03 PM

145 posts, read 463,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankc View Post
thanks everyone
We are interested in a village or downtown of some sort...?
thx!
Ballston Spa is surely your spot... Cute and up and coming! PM me if you want the name of a fantastic real estate agent in the village... he has the nitty gritty on everything that happens in this town! We bought our house from him.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:03 PM

150 posts, read 257,740 times
Hi!
I am also relocating to Saratoga Springs next month with my 9 year old son. I just bought a house in town in the low 200s. While it needs some work, it has a great location and even an attached garage! Given the current housing market, you really might be able to now find something affordable in Saratoga Springs..
Good luck!

Old 05-19-2009, 09:12 PM

that is great to hear have you visited the elementary schools in saratoga springs? did you like?
I have seen a few Saratoga Springs listings in that range and they seem to be nice... We are on a real time crunch here as school is ending and I want my son who will be in first grade in the fall to be settled a little before getting thrown into a new big school! We have him at a very small catholic school here in Syracuse as we live in the city and schools are not so great.. at least the one near us isn't. So much to do so little time.

Old 05-20-2009, 10:39 AM

65,774 posts, read 91,670,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankc View Post
that is great to hear have you visited the elementary schools in saratoga springs? did you like?
I have seen a few Saratoga Springs listings in that range and they seem to be nice... We are on a real time crunch here as school is ending and I want my son who will be in first grade in the fall to be settled a little before getting thrown into a new big school! We have him at a very small catholic school here in Syracuse as we live in the city and schools are not so great.. at least the one near us isn't. So much to do so little time.
There is a catholic elementary and jr./sr. high in Saratoga Springs by the way. Activities - Saratoga Central Catholic School - Saratoga Springs, NY

St. Clement's Regional Catholic School

BTW....What school in Syracuse are you talking about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area