Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2009, 03:01 PM

45 posts, read 221,889 times

Advertisements

My family (me, wife and baby) may be relocating to your area soon. We want to hear what gets people excited out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 12:15 PM

605 posts, read 2,159,890 times
I lived in the Albany Capital District for four years as a student. Here are my thoughts:

I loved the wealth of outdoor activities and close-by escapes. Whether it was hiking in the Adirondacks, kayaking on Saratoga Lake, or sunbathing at Lake George. I hiked, cross-country skied, biked, rode horses, kayaked, ice climbed, and rock climbed while living there, and I didn't even take advantage of half of what I could have done.

If you ever want to get away, you are super close to Montreal, Boston, NYC, and Lake Champlain, all popular vacation spots.

The fall is wonderful. It is long and cool; the colors on the trees are amazing; and you can get the most incredible apples everywhere.

Compared to a lot of the east coast, there is a friendlier culture (in my opinion).

For an area its size, there are quite a number of opportunities to enjoy the performing arts. Particularly with all of the colleges and universities in the area, you can always find good, relatively inexpensive entertainment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area