Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 09:59 AM

26 posts, read 93,835 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
Looking for information on areas in Saratoga county, preferably between Saratoga Springs and Glens Falls areas. I've come across such great information on previous threads and we are narrowing our search, so really appreciate all the help thus far.

We have sold our home and now need to locate the perect place for us to call home in NY.

I'm wondering if someone can be somewhat detailed or email me directly on available townhomes or single family homes in the $1000. range? We are looking for safety, (walkable community), near a park or lake would be very nice, friendly people, accepting of dogs, (must mention, very well behaved dogs, no accidents, no biting/chewing, pretty much sleep the day away). We do not have kids, just the 4-legged ones.

The areas of interest are the nearest to Saratoga Springs and preferably between SS and Glens Falls. Can anyone elaborate on these areas? Gansevoort, Hudson Falls, Greenfield, Glens Falls, Halfmoon, Malta or Wilton? Are all these areas extremely safe? Any near parks? Other suggestions I may not be aware of?

We are hoping to be there the last week in Feb. (6.5 weeks! yeah!)

Any and all help in our venture will be most appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2010, 12:28 PM

Anything? Is this going to be tougher than I thought?

Old 01-10-2010, 02:31 PM

150 posts, read 299,353 times
Hi
Malta is the next town over from Saratoga Springs and is the site of the new Global Foundaries plant

» The Globalfoundries Chip Plant in Malta, New York John Tedder's Random Notes

I don't know what the implications are for the area, hopefull good, but it could mean this is a good time to buy in Malta - just ahead of the influx of new employees etc.
Just a thought - I live in Saratoga Springs and really like it. You might want to find a well established realty company and speak with them. I know that Roohan Realty is well known up here and has a good reputation.
Good luck and welcome to the area - it has been a really pleasant surprise being here!

Old 01-10-2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally29 View Post
Hi
Malta is the next town over from Saratoga Springs and is the site of the new Global Foundaries plant

» The Globalfoundries Chip Plant in Malta, New York John Tedder's Random Notes

I don't know what the implications are for the area, hopefull good, but it could mean this is a good time to buy in Malta - just ahead of the influx of new employees etc.
Just a thought - I live in Saratoga Springs and really like it. You might want to find a well established realty company and speak with them. I know that Roohan Realty is well known up here and has a good reputation.
Good luck and welcome to the area - it has been a really pleasant surprise being here!
Sally29,
Thank you for your response. Malta seems to be a pretty nice area according to the other threads. How long have you lived in SS? Are there affordable townhomes in your area? I'm hoping it won't be a challenge to find places that will accept pets. We are homeowners, at least for another 6 weeks, so we understand the questionable topic of people taking care of pets and other's properties. It's the one's who don't have regard for others who ruin it for the one's who do. Anyway, thanks for the info. I cannot wait to get there!

Old 01-11-2010, 12:12 PM

92,365 posts, read 122,631,745 times
I'm thinking that South Glens Falls or Ballston Spa might be perfect. Both are walkable villages and are in that general area you are looking at. Here are some websites to look at for some information:
RealtyUSA | New York Real Estate | Northern PA Real Estate

South Glens Falls New York's Official Site | The Village at Cooper's Cave
Walk Score - Helping homebuyers, renters, and real estate agents find houses and apartments in great neighborhoods.
South Glens Falls Central School District - Home
//www.city-data.com/city/South-...-New-York.html
South Glens Falls Central School District Overview | GreatSchools
C & J Pet Sitters (Groomers & Spas) South Glens Falls, NY

Walk Score - Helping homebuyers, renters, and real estate agents find houses and apartments in great neighborhoods.
Ballston Spa Central School District Overview | GreatSchools
Ballston Spa Business & Professional Association - Working Together to Promote Ballston Spa, New York
//www.city-data.com/city/Ballst...-New-York.html
Ballston Spa, New York just minutes from Saratoga Springs, NY
Ballston Spa School District
Ballston Spa, New York - Dog-Friendly Listings
Schuylerville and Glens Falls could work too. Village of Schuylerville
Schuylerville Community Theater

Glens Falls, NY - Official Website
Glens Falls is full of things to do, delicious restaurants, and numerous places to shop for everyone in your family or friends.
Glens Falls, New York - Dog-Friendly Listings

RealtyUSA | New York Real Estate |=

http://glensfalls.craigslist.org/apa/

Old 01-11-2010, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I'm thinking that South Glens Falls or Ballston Spa might be perfect. Both are walkable villages and are in that general area you are looking at. Here are some websites to look at for some information:

South Glens Falls New York's Official Site | The Village at Cooper's Cave
South Glens Falls Central School District - Home
//www.city-data.com/city/South-...-New-York.html
South Glens Falls Central School District Overview | GreatSchools
C & J Pet Sitters (Groomers & Spas) South Glens Falls, NY

Ballston Spa Central School District Overview | GreatSchools
Ballston Spa Business & Professional Association - Working Together to Promote Ballston Spa, New York
//www.city-data.com/city/Ballst...-New-York.html
Ballston Spa, New York just minutes from Saratoga Springs, NY
Ballston Spa School District
Ballston Spa, New York - Dog-Friendly Listings
Schuylerville and Glens Falls could work too. Village of Schuylerville
Schuylerville Community Theater

Glens Falls, NY - Official Website
Glens Falls is full of things to do, delicious restaurants, and numerous places to shop for everyone in your family or friends.
Glens Falls, New York - Dog-Friendly Listings

RealtyUSA | New York Real Estate |=

glens falls apts/housing for rent classifieds - craigslist

Thank you so much! I'll be busy.

Old 01-12-2010, 05:43 AM

9,300 posts, read 16,602,771 times
if you are looking into a new development, check out Brampton Woods in Northunderland:
http://www.waldronbuilders.com/brampton-woods/index.cfm (broken link)
Reasonably priced and pretty area.

Townhouse development in Saratoga: http://www.thepaddocksofsaratoga.com/

Other areas: Wilton, Moreau, Schuylerville to check out.

We are in Quaker Springs area (Schuylerville PO). You can DM me if I can be of more help.

Old 01-13-2010, 08:12 AM

431 posts, read 1,138,490 times
The Paddocks Of Saratoga are beautiful. And extremely expensive.

Old 01-13-2010, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
if you are looking into a new development, check out Brampton Woods in Northunderland:
Brampton Woods - Saratoga Springs, NY (http://www.waldronbuilders.com/brampton-woods/index.cfm - broken link)
Reasonably priced and pretty area.

Townhouse development in Saratoga: Home | The Paddocks of Saratoga

Other areas: Wilton, Moreau, Schuylerville to check out.

We are in Quaker Springs area (Schuylerville PO). You can DM me if I can be of more help.
Thanks!
Does Brampton Woods have rentals? I have checked into the Paddocks, they are a bit $$$.

Does anyone know the area of around 20 State St. in Saratoga Springs? Safe, walkable, nice?

Old 01-13-2010, 12:44 PM

92,365 posts, read 122,631,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe12506 View Post
Thanks!
Does Brampton Woods have rentals? I have checked into the Paddocks, they are a bit $$$.

Does anyone know the area of around 20 State St. in Saratoga Springs? Safe, walkable, nice?
Here's the street on streetview: 20 state street saratoga springs, ny - Google Maps

Here's a police blotter for the Saratoga Springs area: The Saratogian : Serving the Saratoga Springs, N.Y. region (Saratogian.com)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area