U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 05:08 PM

10 posts, read 31,708 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone!

I just took a sales job with St. Jude Medical, a medical device company with my territory being Albany.

The territory consists of three main areas, the "Southern Tier" of NY (Binghamton area), Albany, and Western Mass (Springfield area). I will be working out of my home in a home office, but I daily will be making calls to the hospitals.

I'm alotting myself probably $1500/month max for an apartment in the area.

I'm a 24 yearold guy, love being in the heart of the action. I love the bar scenes, arts, music, culture, etc...and also am a major water dog! I love being on the water, and am planning to move up with two standup jetskis I plan to use often!!

Can anybody suggest some places for me to look? I was looking into the Welcome to The Lofts at Harmony Mills as a place, and some other places in Clifton Park. I've never been to the Albany area, so I have zero idea of the area.

Thanks!

Joe
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 05:10 PM

Please feel free to post or email me at joseph.woodstock@gmail.com if you'd like. Thanks!

Old 02-09-2010, 11:03 AM

70,909 posts, read 97,893,011 times
This might help too: MapsKrieg - Albany, NY - Apartments, Rooms, Sublets, and Real Estate for Sale

Albany NY Apartments for Rent | Apartment Finder

You might like the Lark Street area of Albany or something in Troy in neighborhoods like Downtown, the Hill neighborhood which includes Washington Park and Congress Street or maybe Little Italy.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:48 PM

48 posts, read 159,583 times
For your water (and other) fun, check out Saratoga Lake.

Old 02-10-2010, 10:16 AM

woowhoo!! thanks!

hows the hudson and mohawk rivers?? dirty?

Old 02-10-2010, 04:31 PM

48 posts, read 159,583 times
You don't want to put anything in the Hudson that you will want to take home with you.
The Mohawk is nice for boating but you can't use jet skis there.

Old 02-22-2010, 09:16 AM

just to follow up with this thread for any other future people that may be looking:

I narrowed down my search to two places:
The Philip Schuyler Apartments, 75 Willett Street, Albany, NY
Alexander at Patroon Creek

I ended up going with the Alexander because I wanted the new apartments. However, 75 Willett was a beautiful location as well, but very old, classic building. The Alexander offered granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, etc.

Very nice, check it out.

-Joe

Old 02-22-2010, 09:22 AM

3 posts, read 12,738 times
Lark Street Area, Stay in the city of Albany lark st area if your looking for a safe fun area. You can go to the older college bars too and the downtown bar's I wouldnt settle in a college area though between the kids and the locals its very dangerous. Colonie is a pretty nice area too. I dont know about the night life.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:04 AM

70,909 posts, read 97,893,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWoodstock0617 View Post
just to follow up with this thread for any other future people that may be looking:

I ended up going with the Alexander because I wanted the new apartments. However, 75 Willett was a beautiful location as well, but very old, classic building. The Alexander offered granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, etc.

Very nice, check it out.

-Joe
Where is the Alexander located? Is it near SUNY-Albany?

Old 02-23-2010, 01:32 PM

4 posts, read 11,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWoodstock0617 View Post

Very nice, check it out.

-Joe
Thanks for posting those! The Philip Schuyler apts look really good to me, and are more in my price range than Alexander. Still looking though - Did you find anything similar to Philip Schuyler? And congrats on picking your place!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area