Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2010, 10:57 AM

1 posts, read 6,392 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a place to have my daughter's bridal shower in the Albany, Schenectady or Saratoga areas. I live down state from there and am not familiar with what is available. The date is in June and it would be for around 48 people or so. I would prefer the cost to be no more then $15/person. Does anyone have an idea?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2010, 12:26 PM

267 posts, read 971,574 times
I don't know Albany very well for this type of thing, Saratoga only slightly for when I looked for my own wedding reception. Sch'dy and surrounding towns I know best.

In Saratoga, the Inn at Saratoga was the first that came to mind. Welcome to The Inn at Saratoga - Saratoga Springs, NY
My suggestion for Sch'dy would be the Stockade Inn. Stockade Inn – Schenectady hotel, restaurant, banquets and wedding receptions I've always enjoyed the food, and I love the area, so beautiful, historic. Another option in the stockade, which is probably cheaper, the Van Dyck. For some reason their website isn't working today. Try later www.vandycklounge.com The Scotia area has a few option too. Waters Edge Lighthouse Restaurant Glenville NY :: Welcome to The Waters Edge Lighthouse - right on the Mohawk, great food. Here's another idea, in Glenville, north of Sch'dy Schenectady's Wedding & Corporate Event Venue | River Stone Manor

Old 02-26-2010, 06:57 PM

48 posts, read 168,228 times
Last fall I went to a wedding at The Mansion, and it was very nicely done. I don't know the specifics of the costs. It's a little off the beaten track (hah! Saratoga! Get it?) so it might be less spendy.

Old 02-28-2010, 01:45 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,665,015 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/alban...ggestions.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area