Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2010, 01:41 PM

18 posts, read 31,815 times

Advertisements

Hello All!
After sifting through hundreds of posts, I am left with a few unanswered questions, and any help would be much appreciated. First, allow me to give you a little background, then maybe you can better help me in looking at my future prospects....
I have been a LPN in TN for 9 yrs, will graduate in May with my RN (ADN) and will relocate soon after licesure is obtained. I know that through the reciprocity process I can receive my NY RN license. I am looking for good employment in the areas of Albany/Troy, Hospital or Women's Center and would like to know about the hospitals, average pay rates, reputations with employees (if known), and any feedback from Nurses in the area. The hospitals here will give me 1/2 time experience for my years as a LPN in RN pay rather than give me starting pay as a new grad...(about 4.5yrs exp). Does anyone know if the local hospitals in Albany/Troy offer anything similar? How available are healthcare services to the public? Are they satisfactory overall? Are the hospitals unionized? All of these things will affect our cost of living to an extent and give me and idea of where we will stand.
The Albany and Troy areas sound like what we are looking for in most of the posts my partner and I have read.... progressive, arts available, trendy, blue collar and white collar mixed (according to most) and quite diverse. I know I am asking alot, but this is a big move, as we are bringing two younger teens from a very stifling NON-PROGRESSIVE area. We really want to make the right decision for all involved, even though I personally feel anywhere (almost) is better than here!
~choked by the buckle of the proverbial bible belt
Cera
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area