Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2010, 05:43 AM

4 posts, read 29,184 times

Advertisements

hi. im looking to relocate with my business partner to alb, nm and have another partner looking into rental biz spaces. does anyone know this area?

109 Elm Street Southeast, Albuquerque, NM

is there foot traffic? what kind of drive by traffice is there>>.minimal, moderate or heavy?

whats currently arround there biz wise?? other biz close by and whats the general opinion of that area of town for safety and clean look and feel?

any comments and opinions appreciated and welcomed

peace

kristine ray and john
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2010, 09:47 AM

366 posts, read 871,572 times
Its right off of Central so there is usually always some foot traffic, compared to other parts of the city where there is none, but it isn't where the majority of the foot traffic on Central is. I'm not that far down central during the day, but central is a major corridor and it is right off the highway so there should be quite a bit of traffic basically all the time.

There are motels across the street and a major hospital is on the other side of the highway. Artichoke Cafe is down the street a bit more and that is a nicer restaurant, although I think most of the buildings in that area look poorly maintained.

Its an easy location to get to right off the highway, I wouldn't consider it a cleaner part of town (and that colors my perception for safety to although I really don't know). Certainly not the nicer part of Central.

What type of business?

Old 07-09-2010, 10:19 AM

366 posts, read 1,249,557 times
I live near there. I don't think you'll get much foot traffic on Elm. And people won't see you driving by on Central. You'll mostly only get customers who were specifically looking for your store. I'd try to find something on Central if you can afford it.

Old 07-13-2010, 09:48 AM

361 posts, read 1,094,302 times
I think that area is called "Edo" (stands for East Downtown), and it may be starting to go through gentrification.

Most of the businesses that benefit from foot traffic there are on Central Ave. Elm and the other side streets are more residential streets - so you probably wont get alot of foot traffic on Elm.

Businesses in the area are Artichoke Cafe, Standard Diner, The Grove Cafe.
There are a few new condo buildings; Old Albuquerque High, Belvedere, etc.
There is a municipal building; Albuquerque Public Library - Geneology Branch.
There is a new boutique hotel opening later this year; Parq Central Hotel.

Old 07-14-2010, 04:14 PM

4 posts, read 29,184 times
thank u all for this info! anyone else got any comments on a better part of town, sort of lookin gwith good walkin traffic or near college. you guys are great

Old 07-14-2010, 04:28 PM

366 posts, read 871,572 times
Well the prime area is going to be on Central between University and Carlise, but my guess is it that retail space there will also command a prime price.

Old 07-14-2010, 09:03 PM

1,732 posts, read 4,459,651 times
What type of business?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
View detailed profiles of: