Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2010, 04:48 PM

192 posts, read 257,068 times

Advertisements

First off this is a great forum and resource for someone like myself who is planning too move too an area I have never been to and I have lots of questions, but I'll start out slow.
Currently I have lived in florida for the last 13 years and am originally from LI, NY. After doing my research I have zoned in on the ABQ area especially rio rancho and would like too know what the job situation is out there regarding truck drivers.
I'm a class b driver driver with almost a decade experience running routes and solid waste, which would be my ideal job.
Does anyone know what the demand is there for competent truck drivers with an impeccable history and the average wages. I'm already putting in for a job with the city driving a bus but the pay is on the low side.
Either way I'll be out there in a few months.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2010, 11:34 PM

277 posts, read 682,580 times
I probably can't be of much help - sorry - since I am not familiar with truck driving or Rio Rancho specifically. Congratulations on your experience and work history! I just always like to warn people (as I'm sure you've considered) about moving without having a job secured first. Especially if you are not happy with the wages you've seen advertised. And from what I understand (someone correct me if I'm wrong), Rio Rancho is not exactly the cheapest part of the area to live in. Hope you get more advice on where to go from here.

Old 08-09-2010, 11:03 AM

5,548 posts, read 16,087,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobR73
... someone like myself who is planning too
move too an area I have never been to ...
Why not visit the area and see first-hand what the area is like?
Many people - especially from lush places like Florida - hate it.

While you are here, you can check out the employers.
That's what I did many years ago.

Old 08-09-2010, 05:50 PM

192 posts, read 257,068 times
That is exactly what I am planning to do and will be out there sometime in october just too check out the area.
As for the lushness of florida that is what I am trying too get away from. Nothing like waking up at 5am and the temp is already 86 degrees with 95% humidity. Then do that over and over for 6 to 7 months. It feels like getting hit with a wet towel in the face as soon as you step out of the A/C. Personally I'd prefer too get hit with a tumbleweed.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:49 AM

5,548 posts, read 16,087,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobR73
... will be out there sometime in october ...
... already 86 degrees with 95% humidity. ...
Then you will literally cry with joy since October is the mostest
absolutest perfectest time of the year, crisp and cool mornings
with warm dry days and cobalt blue skies almost all of the time.

Be sure to visit the mountains and see the changing Aspens.

Also note that between the first Saturday and second Sunday
of October Albuquerque has Balloon Fiesta and you might not be
able to find a hotel room. Note that you will then have an excuse
to spend some time in Taos or Santa Fe or even Las Cruces.

( you'll cry over the weather in any of those places - FL sux )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque